shape
carat
color
clarity

I hope nobody here did that 23 and me thing ...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you did, your important DNA personal data is slipping even further from your control.

Ya may wanna listen to this NPR 2-minute audio newscast ...

Fortunately I try to avoid whatever zeitgeist is currently in vogue. :roll:
It's usually to suck money out of us, and often leads to harm.

I think my 'I'm not going to join' mentality started when my brain was being wired as a little boy rejected by society for being gay.
That's when I must have started to realize that trying to "be in the in-crowd and cool" is more than meaningless. It's often ultimately harmful.
Like, smoking cigarettes for the social benefits.

Last edited:
No, I will never willingly give my DNA to anyone. This is the exact reason - who knows what they do with the results? Too iffy, too many companies doing it. Learning of your ancestry can be interesting I suppose, but nothing about it can be changed or improved so I have never felt an overwhelming need to know.

Hmm…I’ve never done this (my DS did though and it’s cool to see his results), but I wonder what the thoughts are on the BRCA testing…I’m scheduled for that. :think:

Hmm…I’ve never done this (my DS did though and it’s cool to see his results), but I wonder what the thoughts are on the BRCA testing…I’m scheduled for that. :think:

I would guess that if a doctor thought it necessary due to family history, the risk would be worth knowing the results. Not sure how that test compares to just DNA profiles. I assume it would have some of the same profiles, but not the whole picture the DNA test would provide? Something to ask the doctor I guess.

Nope. So they can sell my results to the insurance company and I get denied? Or worse?
Haven't watched the vid. Will do later.
Gotta be in the right mood for that BS.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP