shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help trying to choose a center diamond

schangsterr

Rough_Rock
Hello!
I'm currently searching for a center stone for my engagement ring, I've been frustrated about the options and what not and decided to go straight to the source. I'm currently debating/kind of at this very moment deciding on ordering a loose stone from tianyu and having it set by David Klass. I gave my tianyu contact some parameters for the specs for a diamond and she came back with a giant list for me. I randomly chose 3 to run a HCA test thing on and they scored pretty much the same (1.4, 1.5, 1.5). Can someone help guide me into making a possible decision from these three stones, I'll be asking for videos of all 3. But if they are bad stones please also let me know.

1725958091121.png1725958138940.png1725958182045.png

Hello!
I'm currently searching for a center stone for my engagement ring, I've been frustrated about the options and what not and decided to go straight to the source. I'm currently debating/kind of at this very moment deciding on ordering a loose stone from tianyu and having it set by David Klass. I gave my tianyu contact some parameters for the specs for a diamond and she came back with a giant list for me. I randomly chose 3 to run a HCA test thing on and they scored pretty much the same (1.4, 1.5, 1.5). Can someone help guide me into making a possible decision from these three stones, I'll be asking for videos of all 3. But if they are bad stones please also let me know.

1725958091121.png1725958138940.png1725958182045.png

Hello and welcome to PriceScope, schangsterr!

All of them appear to have great proportions and angles on paper - do you have any 360 rotational videos of them so that the material quality (check for CVD graining) and optical performance (check for things like painting, digging, pavilion twist, etc)?

All of them appear to have great proportions and angles on paper - do you have any 360 rotational videos of them so that the material quality (check for CVD graining) and optical performance (check for things like painting, digging, pavilion twist, etc)?
These are the videos they sent me, for the 2nd and 3rd diamonds, I have another video of just the front of the diamond, if needed.

These are the videos they sent me, for the 2nd and 3rd diamonds, I have another video of just the front of the diamond, if needed.

Not able to assess material quality or the finer details of cut precision with tweezer videos, unfortunately.
Based on these videos (which isn't definitive, by any means), the last one (3500) looks the most lively yo my eyes.
Which one is jumping out at you the most?

Not able to assess material quality or the finer details of cut precision with tweezer videos, unfortunately.
Based on these videos (which isn't definitive, by any means), the last one (3500) looks the most lively yo my eyes.
Which one is jumping out at you the most?

I had my boyfriend take a look at the videos and he did like the last one (3500) the most out of the three. Same with a friend. I’m inexperienced to the point where all three look pretty similar to me so I’m not sure if I’m able to make a choice, but I do like how it looks in video.

Would you say it’s ok to purchase?

I had my boyfriend take a look at the videos and he did like the last one (3500) the most out of the three. Same with a friend. I’m inexperienced to the point where all three look pretty similar to me so I’m not sure if I’m able to make a choice, but I do like how it looks in video.

Would you say it’s ok to purchase?

Depends on how picky you want to get: if you're looking for absolute irrefutable cut perfection, then you'll need to ask for ASET Scope images.

If you're looking for a well proportioned diamond that'll probably do the job better than a good percentage of poorer cut and proportioned diamonds out there, then sure. :)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP