shape
carat
color
clarity

I Wouldn't Normally Consider a CE Stone....

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
ARRRRGH, they took the pictures down!

Here's the specs...

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 0.83ct
Color: E
Clarity: SI2
Optical Symmetry: August Vintage
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 1040394320004-
In House: Yes
Width: 5.90mm
Length: 5.94mm
Depth: 3.86mm
Table Percentage: 50.09%
Depth Percentage: 65.33%
Crown ∠: 34.50°
Crown Depth: 17.70%
Pavilion ∠: 40.75°
Pavilion Depth: 44.14%
Policy: Lifetime Guarantee

It was graded SI-2 before they got it enhanced.

The center diamond of my engagement ring has had a bit of "coughcoughenhancementcoughcough". I have had it for 9-ish years and have had no trouble. I even got it from eBay for a steal, LOL!

I tried the link you posted and it says the item is on hold, I hope that was you and not a lurker.

Warm regards,
PattyCo

PattyCo|1392237761|3613761 said:
The center diamond of my engagement ring has had a bit of "coughcoughenhancementcoughcough". I have had it for 9-ish years and have had no trouble. I even got it from eBay for a steal, LOL!

I tried the link you posted and it says the item is on hold, I hope that was you and not a lurker.

Warm regards,
PattyCo

Yeah, I did that. I know better than to post something here without having it on hold. :naughty:

True dat!!!

And please tell us the "story" of this one, too, I just love happy endings :D

I think there's a big difference between bleaching one bitty carbon spot, and permanently freezing together a glob of spit.

That might have been too visual?

Upgradable|1392238288|3613770 said:
I think there's a big difference between bleaching one bitty carbon spot, and permanently freezing together a glob of spit.

That's what I was thinking. The pics are back up, including an 'after' pic. Here's a 'before'.

pic1_17.jpg

Any opinions, now that you can see it? :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

So it only has drilling to clean the carbon out and not any filler? If the price is right than I say go for it!

Just make sure that whatever jeweler might work on that ring knows that it's CE. if they bring a torch near it and it has a filling, it might explode. There's some great threads in PS archives about CE diamonds, including when GOG first started selling a couple of them in their AVR line.

Looks really nice!!

+1. There's enhancement, and then there's enhancement.

Is it filled or just drilled?

justginger|1392251696|3613943 said:

+1. There's enhancement, and then there's enhancement.

While I prefer not to, I have sold a few CE diamonds in the past, and even had one drilled and enhanced for a client which was recorded on the live presentations we used to be able to do here many years ago.

When done for the right reasons and with full disclosure, there is nothing inherently wrong with CE or laser drilling or both.

Wink

I think when it is done right by a reputable place and it is guaranteed it is fine. The ones that are done on the cheap in places like China that are fracture filled with a resin that ends up looking like frozen spit after a year or two are not so great.

tyty333|1392248453|3613895 said:
So it only has drilling to clean the carbon out and not any filler? If the price is right than I say go for it!

Just laser drilling and acid bleaching of the once-black inclusion.

teobdl|1392248800|3613902 said:
Just make sure that whatever jeweler might work on that ring knows that it's CE. if they bring a torch near it and it has a filling, it might explode. There's some great threads in PS archives about CE diamonds, including when GOG first started selling a couple of them in their AVR line.

I can't find them. Any chance you have links?

It looks awesome and at a good price too. :appl:

Ashleigh|1392277409|3614210 said:
It looks awesome and at a good price too. :appl:

Thank you. Yeah, $3100 makes it mighty hard to walk away from an 83 point AVR. :Up_to_something:

Drilling and bleaching doesn't bother me nearly as much as filling. Go for it!

Andelain, I think it will make an awesome pendant! (as I"m into pendants :)

nice buy.

Tekate|1392298499|3614286 said:

nice buy.

It's actually going in a ring I already have that needs a change. :Up_to_something: :naughty: :appl:

I think it's a beautiful stone, and an invisible drill hole wouldn't stop me for a second! I do draw the line at fracture-filing, I think, because I'd live in perpetual dread of it turning on me. But this? SCORE! :appl:

For an AVR/AVC...on a budget I wouldn't hesitate to get one of these awesome disco balls. Go for it. No one will know but you anyway.

This is the one kind of exception I would personally make! great buy, Ande!!! :appl:

It really is about your comfort level as to CE - the stone I would guess performs as an AVR should - and the price reflects the CE treatment.

While not quite the same, I've tried to get on-board with a clarity-treated Colombian Emerald, a clarity-treated Ruby, and even a lab Ruby, and though they were beautiful to my eyes, once in my hands and considering settings, etc., it turns out they are not "mind clean" for me.

Good luck with your decision - and if you go forward with the purchase, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing hand shots!

Andelain said:
teobdl|1392248800|3613902 said:

I can't find them. Any chance you have links?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/good-old-gold-clarity-enhanced-diamond.170492/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/good-old-gold-clarity-enhanced-diamond.170492/page-4[/URL]

Soooooo, did you go for it?

teobdl|1392325823|3614658 said:
Andelain said:

Thank you, that was interesting. It was more about fracture filling than my laser drilled stone, but very informative.

PattyCo|1392785097|3618358 said:
Soooooo, did you go for it?

Yep, sure did. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

That one just sang to me, especially after Jonathon put the 'after' pic up. :love: :love: :love:

marymm|1392308513|3614382 said:
It really is about your comfort level as to CE - the stone I would guess performs as an AVR should - and the price reflects the CE treatment.

While not quite the same, I've tried to get on-board with a clarity-treated Colombian Emerald, a clarity-treated Ruby, and even a lab Ruby, and though they were beautiful to my eyes, once in my hands and considering settings, etc., it turns out they are not "mind clean" for me.

Good luck with your decision - and if you go forward with the purchase, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing hand shots!

I'd have a tough time with the stones you described, too. I also wouldn't want a filled diamond. I once took a lighter and melted the filling out of one to prove a point. It was nasty. OTOH, this stone is only laser drilled and an inclusion bleached. It started life as an SI-2, so it was already a pretty stone.

Thank you. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006|1392307511|3614360 said:
This is the one kind of exception I would personally make! great buy, Ande!!! :appl:

Thank you. :wavey: It was already a nice price before the sale, but the sale price, WOW! And it fits the setting I want it in. That was the deciding factor, I already have a ring I want it in that can only take a narrow range of diameter stone.

Circe|1392306219|3614348 said:
I think it's a beautiful stone, and an invisible drill hole wouldn't stop me for a second! I do draw the line at fracture-filing, I think, because I'd live in perpetual dread of it turning on me. But this? SCORE! :appl:

I do too, especially for a ring. I'm so hard on mine, you'd probably cringe at the scratches in my YG WF ACA ring. Just recently I took a lighter to somone's filled diamond earring and melted the glass out. With thier permission, of course. It was an ugly sight, and very educational to the people in the room when I did it.

Yeah, I agree. SCORE!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

And oh, will you be surprised when you see what it's going in...... :Up_to_something: :naughty:

Rings are even BETTER! I love ringssssss! can't wait to see it!

Andelain|1392299120|3614288 said:
Tekate|1392298499|3614286 said:

nice buy.

It's actually going in a ring I already have that needs a change. :Up_to_something: :naughty: :appl:

PattyCo|1392238197|3613768 said:
True dat!!!

And please tell us the "story" of this one, too, I just love happy endings :D

OK, the story..... :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: ;))

I had this ring made a while back, [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-whiteflash-ring-is-here.156794/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-whiteflash-ring-is-here.156794/[/URL] . The ring is so well made, but I just didn't love it. I finally gave in to the realization that I just don't like the second half of the alphabet until around W-Z colors. Never have, and with a few exceptions, never will. I'll admit I'm a color whore, I'll pay extra for a D in a heartbeat. The stone in this ring is about P-Q brown IMHO.

So I considered options. Find a stone off in the fancy range, put a sapphire in the ring, get the stone irradiated.... I'd settled on the third option, I was going to get it irradiated to a brownish yellow, and probably still will. Then, as I have a bad habit of doing, I was browsing the usual suspect's websites. I got to GOG's, and saw that had an AVR that was within the tiny range of sizes that would fit this ring. And an E! :love: The wheels in my head started churning, and I clicked the link. Oh, pretty..... pretty ..... pretty. Wait, what's that ferris wheel looking picture on this page, oh it's on sale? HOLY CRAP, LOOK AT THAT PRICE!!! :eek: :o Guess I'm going to find out how an AVR will look in this ring! :bigsmile: Emails started flying back and forth to the States, and now the ring is enroute GOG

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP