shape
carat
color
clarity

ice blue sapphire..w/pic

neeonbrowwn

Rough_Rock
My GF and I looking at engagement rings, she thinks diamond is a ripoff, and likes the color of aquamarine but loves the color of ice/pale blue sapphire. Also we think the choice is more practical due to hardness. Synthetic is a must given the price difference and clarity. However, in searching for synthetic sapphires, is it near impossible to find a near clear-blue synthetic?

like so:

fuY7B3c.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome! Unfortunately, this is not a board or forum that allows discussion of synthetics, only the "real deal," so to speak. Look around online. There are lot of synthetic stones sold at DiamondBistro, so maybe if you could find a forum associated with that site, you might be in luck... ;))

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
We do have a forum here for lab-grown stones, it's called Lab Grown Diamonds. However, I've seen some sapphire postings there too.
The tough thing about lab-grown sapphire is finding one that's well cut. The rough is so low in value that most good cutters wouldn't waste their time on it.

I can recommend Jim Rentfrow of Flawless Facets. If you describe what you want (and ask him nicely), he might well be able to get some lab-grown rough in the colour you want and cut it for you. He'll quote you a price per carat.

Good luck!

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I always thought I liked darker blue sapphires best, but.. I love that color!

I have no answer, but I wish you luck!

Best wishes to you and your fiance!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry but we cannot help you find a synthetic gemstone due to PS' forum policies.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size are you looking for? And whats your budget? A natural sapphire may not be outside of your budget, but it depends a bit on size! I love that color, it's one of my favorites.

A note about lab diamonds - they are quite expensive! Not all that much cheaper than mined diamonds, so I don't think you'd be able to go that route!

I'm afraid that since the "trade ideal" color is a more royal/cobalt blue, you probably will not find readily available synthetics in that color.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen this poster on other boards and it appears they are wisely seeking and obtaining help in the more appropriate spots. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results