shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m sure this is a dumb question, but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BNole

Rough_Rock
Are there any types of solitaire settings that are "lower" than others? My g/f does not want the diamond to sit up high...? Thanks.

Yes, there are many settings that are lower than others. Not a stupid question at all. Once you''ve narrowed down some setting ideas we can help you select the lowest one or suggest some for you if you let us know what you want.

Hey neatfreak. You''re always there to help.

She decided on a solitaire (she wants a larger single stone so she has more flexibility in the future). We still like the pave -- but no more than 3 stones on each side. More than likely, I''d like 2 of them to be sapphires with a diamond in the middle. She also decided on white gold...and we both still like princess cut. Thoughts?

Like this, but with sapphires? http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-1935_design.asp?module=setting

Anyway, most women say they want low settings because they don't want HIGH settings, but what most women actually want is a medium-low setting. If this is the case (she wants medium-low, not low) then you are not to worry about finding a *specifically* low setting, since almost all can be set at a medium-low level.

Date: 12/2/2008 8:14:00 PM
Author: BNole
Hey neatfreak. You're always there to help.

She decided on a solitaire (she wants a larger single stone so she has more flexibility in the future). We still like the pave -- but no more than 3 stones on each side. More than likely, I'd like 2 of them to be sapphires with a diamond in the middle. She also decided on white gold...and we both still like princess cut. Thoughts?

Thanks, I'm on bedrest (pregnant with twin boys) so I do find my way here pretty often!

Pave? Or channel set? Or bead set? I ask because usually pave goes all the way down the band and pave stones are usually really small...Do you have a picture of exactly how you like the stones on the band (even if they are all diamonds)?

I don''t -- that''s what I''m trying to find. I do not like how the band on the image Julie posted slims down. If it stayed the same width, that''d be more like it (and with princess cuts).

Date: 12/2/2008 8:24:31 PM
I don't -- that's what I'm trying to find. I do not like how the band on the image Julie posted slims down. If it stayed the same width, that'd be more like it (and with princess cuts).

Hmmm...I'll see what I can find for ya. And if you want the small stones to be princesses you aren't talking about pave.

Kinda like this one (I assume this is channel?)

gi_348_m.jpg

So, we''re looking at these together (not together, but at the same time) and she likes how the second one is low. But, she likes the looks of this one at whiteflash. Is there any way to make this one sit lower? She also doesn''t want 6 diamonds in the channel...but I assume that is easy enough to deal with...

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Rounded-Open-Cathedral-Engagement-Ring_1352.htm#

Date: 12/2/2008 8:40:36 PM
So, we''re looking at these together (not together, but at the same time) and she likes how the second one is low. But, she likes the looks of this one at whiteflash. Is there any way to make this one sit lower? She also doesn''t want 6 diamonds in the channel...but I assume that is easy enough to deal with...

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Rounded-Open-Cathedral-Engagement-Ring_1352.htm#

Only whiteflash could tell you...but actually I think it''s easier to make it sit lower than it would be to do only 3 stones on each side. You might have to go custom for that if you want that exact ring but only 3 stones on each side. But that''s easy enough to do and Whiteflash does great custom work. I''d just give them a call for a quote.

I have spoken with Lesley from WF and custom is one of my options. However, an identical ring from bluenile is much cheaper. I''d be missing out on a few changes (like sapphires). Is bluenile reputable...or are there other "non-custom" recommendations?

Date: 12/2/2008 8:52:37 PM
I have spoken with Lesley from WF and custom is one of my options. However, an identical ring from bluenile is much cheaper. I''d be missing out on a few changes (like sapphires). Is bluenile reputable...or are there other ''non-custom'' recommendations?

Bluenile is reputable, but their customer service is spotty and diamonds are hard to buy there because they don''t give you a lot of info. This goes double for princess stones.

I''d contact Good Old Gold, Winfield''s Jewelers, and Pearlman''s before buying from Bluenile personally...I am sure if BN has one there is one out there for you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP