shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing 2.40 J SI insurance replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
In December, I was wearing my original ering set while my 1.97 K upgrade was at the jewelers. I hadn''t worn it in a while, so I was cleaning the ring when I realized that I had cracked my diamond! Yikes! Thank goodness for State Farm insurance, I went through their claims process and got a very fair settlement. I decided that I didn''t need 2 erings since I can only wear one at a time. While I liked the 1.97 K, the color was a little more tinted than I cared to have and I decided that I wanted something a little bigger. Thank goodness for the WF upgrade policy, I decided to use part of the settlement to get this 2.40 J SI2 stone. More info on the stone can be found here https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/had-ins-claim-need-replacement-pics-included-please-help.132067/. I ended up choosing Stone #1.

2.40ct
J, SI2 eye-clean
8.63x8.76x5.28mm
60.7 depth
56 table
34.5 crown
40.8 pavilion

We decided that this would be my *forever* (or at least for a VERY long time!) stone, and I''m really pleased with it. The angles are spot on, and the size is substantial enough to be my forever stone. It''s really beautiful, and I like it much better than my old K. For what it''s worth, I can definitely see a color difference between J and K, and I''m much happier with my J. There are times when I catch a hint of warmth, from my J, but it''s not nearly as warm as my K. I did have it professionally appraised, and the appraiser noted that it was a high J.

It is currently set in the WF Legato Sleekline setting. While I like the setting, I''m not sure this is my forever setting. I''ve been thinking about a legacy replica type setting, but I''m not completely sure. Do you think it''s too big to halo in a legacy type setting? I unfortunately have large size 6.5 fingers, and I would like a *little* more finger coverage (sick, I know)!

Here are some photos, first the WF ones.

jillswf1.jpg

jillswf3.jpg

A few more...please excuse my crappy camera!

2.40Jjills.JPG

2.40jill7.JPG

2.4jill6.JPG

2.40jill5.JPG

Love the setting and it looks very white.

Beautiful and HUGE diamond!

2.40jill4.JPG

2.40jill3.JPG

2.40jill2.JPG

Jill your diamond is Gorgeous!
30.gif
It shows so super white! Congrats on your new big beauty! Looks so good!
2.gif
1.gif

B-E-A-utiful! It''s absolutely stunning Jill!

WOW!!!! I love it!!!!

AWE-SOME!

HI:

Great ring--glad it worked out for you!

cheers--Sharon

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

I think it''s stunning and perfect just as it is. But thats just my humble opinion. If you want a different setting go for it!

Wowee Jill S!!!! that stone is gorgeous, gorgeous to quote tyty333!
9.gif

I think it gives you fantastic finger coverage BTW!

What a stunner! Love it.

Stunning!!

Beautiful!

Looks so pretty! I think a 2.40 would be too big for a halo personally. Have you considered a Tiffany 6 prong? 6 prongs tend to make the stone look a bit larger. Superbcert and BGD make good replicas.

Gorgeous ring, I love your set!

Very classic stone and setting. I think a busy setting might take some focus away from the center stone. I like it as is. Enjoy!!

6.5 is NOT large!!!

Gorgeous set - I love it!

wow! it''s gorgeous jill_s!
36.gif

AprilBaby, MC, ang3199, Bella_mezzo, dreamer, canuk-gal, tyty333, upgrade, yssie, Gleam, Diamond*Dana, Stone Hunter, vespergirl, canada_ham - thank you so much!

wsblue430 - You got your gorgeous new ring while I was waiting for mine, I'm just jealous that I don't have your long slender fingers!

Maisie - congrats on your new earrings! And I appreciate your thoughts about keeping the setting as is, I just can't decide! I love the finger coverage of a halo, but the solitaire is really classic and traditional (much like my usual style)!

beechezz - thank you! It does give good finger coverage, I think my mind is warped from spending so much time on PS!

Laila619 - thanks for your thoughts. I don't want the ring to be too big or gaudy with a halo, I just wish I didn't have size 6.5 fingers! I have thought about a 6 prong setting as well, I just sort of feel like it's a waste. I got this legato setting a few months back when I got my 1.97, and I had WF change out the head to accommodate the new stone. I realized after living with it for a few months that I really do like 6 prong settings better. My DH would for sure not understand why I wanted to change my setting just to add a couple more prongs!
20.gif

Sizzle - I know that 6.5 isn't that big, I'm just jealous of all these size 4 hands on PS!

So it seems like the general consensus is to leave the stone in a solitaire setting. What do you all think about having the shank of the ring shaved down a bit? It's currently 2.5mm and I was thinking of having it shaved down to as close to 2mm as possible. Do you think that would interrupt with the lines of the ring or not look right? I was thinking a thinner shank might make the stone pop a little more? Am I crazy? WF was actually supposed to do that when the stone was being upgraded but it got missed. Now that I've received the ring, I just can't decide if I should send it back to have it done. What do you all think?

Yes! I think shaving it down a bit could really make that huge rock pop! It's tough though, because on the other hand it does look really balanced as is with your wedding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP