shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a big problem.?

Deengee

Rough_Rock
Trade
I ve won bidding a ruby at GRA site.. I think the price was oK.. USD300 for a 1 carat ruby.. But there s a discoloration or a crack on the left side of the ruby extending downward.. I wonder if i should pay the ruby or not.? Kindly help me.. I tried to attach the photos but it was not allowed and i am not sure how to change it format.. Kindly refer from the link below.. Thank you for helping
Regards
-Deen-

https://www.gemrockauctions.com/pro...od-red-102-cts-ruby-mozambique-mg-160-2456295

Define big problem what it means to you
And what your goals were in being attracted to this stone for a $300 winning bid.

Or are you just wanting random opinions on how I would feel in getting this stone myself with my own opinions of big problem and what my collection goals are?

Define big problem what it means to you
And what your goals were in being attracted to this stone for a $300 winning bid.

Or are you just wanting random opinions on how I would feel in getting this stone myself with my own opinions of big problem and what my collection goals are?

I agree with everyone, but especially like this comment. This is the quality of ruby one should expect for $300. So if you're looking for an affordable ruby to add to your collection, and $300 is your preferred budget, perhaps this is the stone for you. If you're concerned or bothered by the inclusions, maybe it's a good idea to pass. But I certainly wouldn't set this gem, as the fractures are extensive and surface-reaching, and will likely cause structural issues.

We had a discussion a while back about local labs (such as this one... GFCO... Thailand) and whether they can be trusted for gem treatment identification. Many of us said we preferred a more reputable lab (especially for ruby). Another PSer argued that provincial labs are supremely trustworthy, because the local dealers depend heavily on them. :think: So as far as treatments are concerned, you must decide whether you can rely on this lab's opinion that the ruby is indeed untreated.

In any event, welcome to the boards!!

Emm hi.. tq for all responses.. i ve already cancelled the items.. The seller said, i can sell the items for 2k easily if i did some ?polishing.. Nevermind him.. Justnow i ve read something about a lab in Jaipur.. It was a heated discussion that finally axed by the moderator.. i am glad the 2 main actors Fred and Autumn in England are here.. Thank you Both of you really opened up my eyes regarding gems.. Thanks to others too for your response..

Glad you cancelled!

Emm hi.. tq for all responses.. i ve already cancelled the items.. The seller said, i can sell the items for 2k easily if i did some ?polishing.. Nevermind him.. Justnow i ve read something about a lab in Jaipur.. It was a heated discussion that finally axed by the moderator.. i am glad the 2 main actors Fred and Autumn in England are here.. Thank you Both of you really opened up my eyes regarding gems.. Thanks to others too for your response..

Happy that you decided to cancel.

Glad you cancelled!

Emm i m not sure.. actually it came with certificate.. unheat no treatment.. Pigeon blood ruby.. maybe something is not right lol

You're very welcome! Glad I could help!

The cert is fake, or made by the vendor. And no, you never could have sold that for 2k

Emm wow.. really.? i ve never thought of that.. in my opinion sellers in GRA are good (most of them).. Kk.. i need to be more careful next time

Yep, the report is fake. One of the worse fakes I've seen. The vendor was from India, I bet? So is the fake report. It says Switzerland but notice the logo. A elephant carrying a Diamond with its tusks. If that don't scream India, nothing does. The Swiss would not have that type of logo.

Well, here everyone goes.

Click on the link and call the phone number displayed. Let us know if someone answers the phone (in German or French) or if no one picks up the phone (no voice mail) or if MacDonald's answers...billions served. Over 999 milion in 1994.

"McDonald's is the world's largest fast food restaurant chain, serving over 69 million customers daily in over 100 countries in more than 40,000 outlets as of 2021."

I tried to deduce the "Swiss" connection. There may be a tenuous one -- but I think it's disingenuous (oh I could have made a poem out of this).

Screen Shot 2024-06-03 at 7.18.29 PM.png

The good news is they will grade your 50 items for $13 each in < 24 hours. :cool2:

Yep, the report is fake. One of the worse fakes I've seen.

You surprise me, Fred. I've seen you advocate and champion for small local gem labs, arguing that the reliability of their experience through sheer volumes of stones they see every day is just as valuable as expensive equipment. Yet, you have no problem proclaiming the report of one such known local Bangkok lab to be "one of the worst fakes you've seen."

You surprise me, Fred. I've seen you advocate and champion for small local gem labs, arguing that the reliability of their experience through sheer volumes of stones they see every day is just as valuable as expensive equipment. Yet, you have no problem proclaiming the report of one such known local Bangkok lab to be "one of the worst fakes you've seen."

Yes, Avondale, but only the ones that I have done business with, or my fellow gemstone dealer’s friends have done business with on a regular basis. Never wrote or advocated for all of them.

Never once seen or heard mention of this lab until on this thread here. Hence my skepticism.

That is the difference.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics