shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond? =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/classic/regent_0_80ct_d_vs1.htm

I like this diamond, but before I get attached to it, is it a good one, and around how much would it cost me? I don''t want to call just to find out it''s way above my budget.. My budget is $4000 for diamond + setting, and I want a platinum setting ( a thin one).

I have no idea what regent cut diamonds cost!

I appreciate any help! =)

Wishinpink,
for your budget I would suggest looking at stones ~G colour.
You will pay a high premium for D, and its often said that most consumers can not tell the difference face up between D and F/G. In such well cut stones they wil look very white.
I have an ideal cut K Si1 from GOG and its white as can be!

Of course, if you are a fan of the icey whiteness of D then stick to that, I am just letting you know you have other options
5.gif

I am unsure of regent pricing, but I would hazard a guess it may eat up most of your budget due to the D colour.

You can always just email for the price..they are very nice!

Wow, thank you for your advice! You''re completely right, I don''t even care if the diamond is "icy white," lol! =)

But... even if I moved down to G for color, could I afford a decent sized regent cut diamond?

Oooh! Thank you!

The color is worrying me.. can you actually see the color of the diamond when looking at it?

What other places are still selling it?

I also like the jubilee cut!

Date: 8/8/2008 12:00:31 AM
Author: wishinpink
Oooh! Thank you!

The color is worrying me.. can you actually see the color of the diamond when looking at it?

What other places are still selling it?

I also like the jubilee cut!
Personally, I would buy a J color in an optimally cut diamond such as a Jubilee. The go-to guy at GOG is named Jonathan. Email him at [email protected] and ask if he will shoot you a video of one or two diamonds you like.

I don''t know who else is selling the Jubilee. They had been out of production for a while.

I did a diamond search for the jubilee, and there were 2 with more inclusions and 1 that was way too expensive =(

Where else can I find more jubilee cuts? I really like it, but we have a budget =P

If they are out of production, what is in production that is similar to the jubilee that I can buy?

You can try the square H&A or the cut corner square brilliant. There is another beautiful cushion cut called the "Cushette". http://www.cushette.com/ Jonathan carries them but is not allowed to post them on his site. I really debated between my Jubilee & the Cushette.

Yes, branded diamonds are more expensive than other diamonds. Talk to Jonathan about what you want and your budget. He is great and I think expecting more Jubilees!

Have you ruled out round brilliants? You might also want to look at Whiteflash.com. They have a diamond called an "X-factor" that looks cool. Here's an example: http://www.whiteflash.com/xfactor/X-Factor-cut-diamond-373349.htm

I haven''t ruled out round brilliants, but I am still kind of attached to the fancier cuts that "no one else has" =)

He is expecting more Jubilees even though they''re discontinued?

What happens when it is discontinued?

Apparently the guys who created the Jubilee cut got in a fight, but Sarah, Jonathan's daughter, told me that they are expecting more in a couple of months. Did you see the X-factor diamond from Whiteflash I linked to?

I am like you, I wanted something different, that is why I got a Jubilee. I went way over budget, but I am glad I did. Be sure and contact Jonathan, he can advise you and tell you what he is expecting. I'm turning in now. Let me know what you find!

PS. If you contact Whiteflash, ask for Katie. She is super nice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP