shape
carat
color
clarity

I've been hiding my new Ombre & Blue Akoya strands

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
This year seems to be the year of the pearl for me. I have been finding so many things that have been on my wishlist for a while as well as beautiful pieces I never realized I needed :lol-2: I'm apparently also very susceptible to livestream sales, since you can see everything "in action".

I picked up a lovely ombre mixed pearl medley necklace (freshwaters, akoyas, kasumis, some South Seas too) from Kojima Pearl through one of Pearl Paradise's sales in July . I loved the soft color shift and the heart-shaped and rosebud pearl particularly caught my eye. There were also a few blue akoyas that, once I saw them in person, made me understand what the big deal was and why they were so popular... let's call them my gateway blues. I love wearing this necklace when I have a V-neck or boat-neck shirt on so you can really see all of the individual pearls. Definitely has a more casual, fun feel but still makes any outfit feel a little fancier.

7.5-11mm Soft Pearl Medley necklace
Kojima Pearl Medley 1.png

Kojima Pearl Medley 2.jpg

Kojima Pearl Medley 3.jpg

Kojima Pearl Medley 4.jpg

Kojima Pearl Medley 5.jpg

Now as I mentioned, the blue akoyas from this Kojima strand really sparked my interest in that type of pearl. I always thought they were pretty, but they were not high on the "must have" list. Well... after wearing the medley pearl necklace, I started furiously searching for blue akoya strands. There were many times where I was so close to pulling the trigger on some silver-blues, but it just wasn't blue enough for me. Fast forward to another PP livestream. I had totally forgot they were going to have it and missed the first few pieces while eating dinner, but by the time I opened the stream, I was greeted with this:

9-9.5mm Intense Blue near round Akoya strand
9-9.5mm Intense Blue Strand.png

I went out for a walk and kept staring at this necklace instead of paying attention to the streets lol. Well after a few minutes, I just had to have it! Given the rarity of the color, who knows how long it would be before I found something else like that. And it is also in a larger size that I have been wanting for akoyas (hanadamas/tennyos out of budget unfortunately). She arrived earlier this week and is everything I thought she would be and more :kiss2:

Sooo blue!
Blue Akoyas 1.jpg

Blue Akoyas 2.jpg

On my bathroom counter, they literally are so lustrous they look like metal
Blue Akoyas 3.jpg

Looove this color, and the size is amazing. They are almost as big as my baroque tahitian strand lol
Blue Akoyas 4.jpg

Blue Akoyas 5.jpg

I think I might like these blues more than pinked/natural white akoyas, so this might end up being my HG pearl necklace. I haven't had a chance to get pictures in natural light yet, but will definitely try to do that and compare to my other strands (for science). Anyway, thanks for looking :)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP