shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen / Jim Schultz- requesting advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

legionaire

Rough_Rock
Last weekend I picked out several great diamonds from James Allen. I waited until Monday, and then requested Idealscopes, which were to be ready within 24-48 hours. Tuesday I called and had the diamonds placed on hold, and was assured the Idealscopes would be ready by the next day. It''s Friday now, and I needed to make a purchase by this evening.

After not getting the promised call around noon today with the diamond information, I called and was told they were busy and would call me back in several minutes. Well, 5 hours later I called and got a message saying they are closed until Monday. I called at 5pm. Their website says hours of operation are 10am-9pm EST Mon-Fri.

Is this typical? This is not what I expected from customer service for such a large purchase. The customer service has been extremely friendly, but I am more interested in people keeping their word. I would be OK without the idealscope, except that I keep getting promised it will only be "1 more day"...

Should I give up? Anyone have a positive experience with James Allen?

Date: 12/5/2008 6:12:31 PM
Author:legionaire
Last weekend I picked out several great diamonds from James Allen. I waited until Monday, and then requested Idealscopes, which were to be ready within 24-48 hours. Tuesday I called and had the diamonds placed on hold, and was assured the Idealscopes would be ready by the next day. It''s Friday now, and I needed to make a purchase by this evening.

After not getting the promised call around noon today with the diamond information, I called and was told they were busy and would call me back in several minutes. Well, 5 hours later I called and got a message saying they are closed until Monday. I called at 5pm. Their website says hours of operation are 10am-9pm EST Mon-Fri.

Is this typical? This is not what I expected from customer service for such a large purchase. The customer service has been extremely friendly, but I am more interested in people keeping their word. I would be OK without the idealscope, except that I keep getting promised it will only be ''1 more day''...

Should I give up? Anyone have a positive experience with James Allen?

I placed an order today, great customer service BTW, but the sales associate informed me that they were absolutely swamped right now. I actually had to call a couple of times, but perhaps sending an email may help.

One final thought, check on the site periodically to see if you diamond is taken off hold, and then just place the order through the site itself.

Good luck, and perhaps you will be able to get your order through.

I''d try to contact Jim directly if that isn''t who you have been corresponding with. Usually their customer service is pretty decent.

see above

They''ve said they''re swamped and having difficulties getting Ideal Scope pictures to clients. Check your spam folder, though, as sometimes emails end up there.

I agree with pp. call jim directly. he''s looking for a stone for me now and so far my experience with JA has been great. Good luck!

ok, i guess they''re just very busy right now - I''ll give them the benefit of the doubt and take one last try on Monday

Date: 12/5/2008 8:33:51 PM
Author: legionaire
ok, i guess they''re just very busy right now - I''ll give them the benefit of the doubt and take one last try on Monday
I wouldn''t bother with email legionaire, give them a call.

I think every jeweller is swampped right now. December comes along and people realise that they want to buy a ring and have it ready for Christmas or New Years. Don''t email, call.

legionaire,

Swamped is an understatement, but we''re making progress. The office is open 9-9 Mon-Thur, 9-5 Friday and 11-5 today (Saturday). Please *call me* Monday after 10:00am EST and I''ll make sure you have the images same day, Tuesday at worst.

If anyone else is having the same problem please give me a ring as well!

Thanks,

I love James Allen and I think everyone that seen my ring is also in love with James Allen. I would call him directly :-) good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP