shape
carat
color
clarity

Jann Paul Decagon Nova

Shiyui

Rough_Rock
Seeing as JannPaul released the Decagon Nova on their Instagram, I'm finally allowed to post the GCAL certificate I have for it!
Decagon Nova

I'm amazed by everything Paul comes up with and I honestly feel what he designs is leagues ahead of everything else out there.

To answer your question, I've seen the Decagon Nova, Round Nova, and Square Nova online, but out of those three, I love the Decagon Nova the most. It has so many flashes of fire throughout it, much like the Decagon 10 Hearts & Arrows. But I prefer hearts and arrow designs because I like the contrast they provide in diffuse lighting, the fire they throw in spotlighting, and how I understand virtual facets enough to appreciate how the arrows are created.

I'll link my other post providing the GCAL certificates of JannPaul's other designs so readers can compare for themselves. I think the fire videos in particular are helpful to see what your eyes like best!

My personal ranking among the round-ish shapes are Decagon 10 Hearts & Arrows, Decagon Nova, Octagon Nova, and Round 10 Hearts & Arrows. I love non-traditional shapes as I feel that rounds are just too common for my taste. I feel that the decagon shapes have such incredible scintillation which outperform the octagon and round shapes. Assuming those virtual facets are large enough for the pupil to clip and have the viewer perceive those flashes in the fire video as fire in real life, the decagons win hands down in my opinion!

tonimacaroni

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen JannPaul's latest new cuts?

What do you guys think of them!

I’m so excited!! I remember I had asked last year if they had plans for a round nova and they said no at the time. So I am absolutely SO HYPED for this!!!!

Definitely will wait for the round nova to come out before going ring shopping with my boyfriend.

I’m wondering if they also changed the depth of the cut. Because I do know that with the octagon nova, it’s a deeper cut, so a 1.25 ct will look like the same carat size as a 1 ct round.

Wondering how this will be for the new novas

Shiyui

Rough_Rock
I’m so excited!! I remember I had asked last year if they had plans for a round nova and they said no at the time. So I am absolutely SO HYPED for this!!!!

Definitely will wait for the round nova to come out before going ring shopping with my boyfriend.

I’m wondering if they also changed the depth of the cut. Because I do know that with the octagon nova, it’s a deeper cut, so a 1.25 ct will look like the same carat size as a 1 ct round.

Wondering how this will be for the new novas

I'm pretty sure that you can reach out to JannPaul and preorder the round nova now! I was actually told about the decagon nova back in June, before even Paul's teaser post on Instagram was made, and we were told that we could place an order for it even though it wasn't publicly announced. Doesn't hurt to ask if you're curious! I highly recommend texting them on WhatsApp as opposed to email though.

I actually have a GCAL certificate for the round nova as well, but I promised not to post it until it was officially released haha. I can tell you that it's 1.09 carats and 6.60 mm diameter, 4.03 mm depth. I found a round 10 H&A which is 1.09 carats and 6.64 mm diameter, 4.12 mm depth. And a Whiteflash ACA lab which is 1.09 carats is about 6.61 mm in diameter.

So all in all, surprisingly, the round nova should face up exactly what you'd expect for its carat weight!

If you reach out to JannPaul, I think they would be willing to share the GCAL certificate with you themselves if you ask! When we were shown the decagon nova before it was released, they sent me a GCAL certificate of one so I could compare it with all their other shapes I already had. (:

tonimacaroni

Rough_Rock
I'm pretty sure that you can reach out to JannPaul and preorder the round nova now! I was actually told about the decagon nova back in June, before even Paul's teaser post on Instagram was made, and we were told that we could place an order for it even though it wasn't publicly announced. Doesn't hurt to ask if you're curious! I highly recommend texting them on WhatsApp as opposed to email though.

I actually have a GCAL certificate for the round nova as well, but I promised not to post it until it was officially released haha. I can tell you that it's 1.09 carats and 6.60 mm diameter, 4.03 mm depth. I found a round 10 H&A which is 1.09 carats and 6.64 mm diameter, 4.12 mm depth. And a Whiteflash ACA lab which is 1.09 carats is about 6.61 mm in diameter.

So all in all, surprisingly, the round nova should face up exactly what you'd expect for its carat weight!

If you reach out to JannPaul, I think they would be willing to share the GCAL certificate with you themselves if you ask! When we were shown the decagon nova before it was released, they sent me a GCAL certificate of one so I could compare it with all their other shapes I already had. (:

WOW!!! Thank you so much for this amazing info!!!!! I have a long email thread with them about the octagon nova, but yes they were very slow to respond always.

I will try to communicate with them via WhatsApp instead! I definitely want to message them about preordering a round nova.

Shiyui

Rough_Rock
WOW!!! Thank you so much for this amazing info!!!!! I have a long email thread with them about the octagon nova, but yes they were very slow to respond always.

I will try to communicate with them via WhatsApp instead! I definitely want to message them about preordering a round nova.

You're very welcome!!! I think they're so slammed with clients and inquiries that they're backlogged on all their messages. You can get through to them instantly if you call them on WhatsApp during business hours though! That's how we got our Zoom appointment and we were able to be scheduled for a whole hour the same week.

Also, friendly heads up that you're looking at about a 5-6 month timeline from start to finish. 3D renders of your design can take about 3-4 weeks. If you want them to film your ring being made, that'll need to be prearranged in advance too and may cause additional delays because it depends on their videographer's availability. Lastly, you should inquire about the size of any mêlée or accent diamonds in the design you're thinking about. I believe the standard size of their decagon mêlée are 1.6 mm. You can custom order them as small as 1.3 mm, which is what we're doing, but that custom order also causes delays of course. So the more you talk to them about these things in advance, the sooner you'll have your ring!

If you do get a round nova from them, I hope you post it here!

tonimacaroni

Rough_Rock
You're very welcome!!! I think they're so slammed with clients and inquiries that they're backlogged on all their messages. You can get through to them instantly if you call them on WhatsApp during business hours though! That's how we got our Zoom appointment and we were able to be scheduled for a whole hour the same week.

Also, friendly heads up that you're looking at about a 5-6 month timeline from start to finish. 3D renders of your design can take about 3-4 weeks. If you want them to film your ring being made, that'll need to be prearranged in advance too and may cause additional delays because it depends on their videographer's availability. Lastly, you should inquire about the size of any mêlée or accent diamonds in the design you're thinking about. I believe the standard size of their decagon mêlée are 1.6 mm. You can custom order them as small as 1.3 mm, which is what we're doing, but that custom order also causes delays of course. So the more you talk to them about these things in advance, the sooner you'll have your ring!

If you do get a round nova from them, I hope you post it here!

I really appreciate all of your help!!

Yes I’m planning on starting the process with my boyfriend now so he can also get ready for a proposal sometime next year!

I will definitely post it here when I get it!

Last edited:

Shiyui

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate all of your help!!

Yes I’m planning on starting the process with my boyfriend now so he can also get ready for a proposal sometime next year!

I will definitely post it here when I get it!

Also PSA to everyone, DEFINITELY contact them through WhatsApp because I contacted them last year in June through email inquiring about if they will make a round Nova and I was told NO, whereas the above poster was told yes lol

Just wanted to let you know that I was told about the decagon nova about two months ago, June 2024, not June 2023 haha. It would make sense for them to not confirm anything until the final stages of development. Don't want to get people's hopes up! But they didn't tell you one thing and turn around and tell me another. Not in the same year at least.

tonimacaroni

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to let you know that I was told about the decagon nova about two months ago, June 2024, not June 2023 haha. It would make sense for them to not confirm anything until the final stages of development. Don't want to get people's hopes up! But they didn't tell you one thing and turn around and tell me another. Not in the same year at least.

Ah ok that makes more sense haha I was thoroughly confused I was like how did they get the info

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness!

I held off on buying the Octagon Nova because I was undecided on the pointy ends but that Round Nova is absolutely amazing and dreamy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results