shape
carat
color
clarity

JannPaul eternity band decagon, round10 ha or round8ha?

Best eternity band shape

• Total voters

gottayums

Rough_Rock
Hi does anyone have any pictures or opinions they can share on JP eternity bands? I’d like to purchase a ~3.7mm band and can’t decide on what shape would be best. I want it to be sparkly but I wonder if the difference will be noticeable between the shapes on small melees to justify the extra cost between the shapes.

All opinions welcome!

I voted for the decagon. I see such a significant difference between the decagon 10 H&A and an SIC modern round brilliant. I've multiple times, I've compared different stones of both types on GCAL and I always feel that the decagon 10 H&A just is objectively better in fire and brilliance. There is a minute difference in the virtual facet sizes, particularly of the arrows in both, but it's really minor and not going to be any factor in melee sizes.

There is a difference in what size melee stones you want though. Standard decagon 10 H&A melee size is 1.7 mm. Standard SIC melee size is 0.8 mm I think. You can request decagon 10 H&A melee down to 1.3 mm, but that's a custom order you'll need to wait for. I imagine that round 10 H&A has the same size constraints as the decagon 10 H&A melee since they're very similar.

On that note, I don't think there's any visual difference in decagon 10 H&A and round 10 H&A melee. As it is, the facet patterns are very similar and you can't perceive the decagonal shape in stones of such small sizes.

Hi does anyone have any pictures or opinions they can share on JP eternity bands? I’d like to purchase a ~3.7mm band and can’t decide on what shape would be best. I want it to be sparkly but I wonder if the difference will be noticeable between the shapes on small melees to justify the extra cost between the shapes.

All opinions welcome!

Here is a video they sent me comparing the decagon melee to their regular super ideal melee: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jannpaul-lab-bracelet-worth-it.277156/post-5329382

I voted for the decagon. I see such a significant difference between the decagon 10 H&A and an SIC modern round brilliant. I've multiple times, I've compared different stones of both types on GCAL and I always feel that the decagon 10 H&A just is objectively better in fire and brilliance. There is a minute difference in the virtual facet sizes, particularly of the arrows in both, but it's really minor and not going to be any factor in melee sizes.

There is a difference in what size melee stones you want though. Standard decagon 10 H&A melee size is 1.7 mm. Standard SIC melee size is 0.8 mm I think. You can request decagon 10 H&A melee down to 1.3 mm, but that's a custom order you'll need to wait for. I imagine that round 10 H&A has the same size constraints as the decagon 10 H&A melee since they're very similar.

On that note, I don't think there's any visual difference in decagon 10 H&A and round 10 H&A melee. As it is, the facet patterns are very similar and you can't perceive the decagonal shape in stones of such small sizes.

I appreciate the thought out reply! I have a decagon main stone with round8 HA pave as my engagement ring right now and you can definitely see the sparkle more in the decagon. However I didn’t think it was a fair comparison because the decagon is also way larger being the main stone.

I think I am leaning towards the decagon as there doesn’t seem like a reason not to get the decagon from a visual aspect.

From a comfort aspect I’m a bit worried about the sides poking out or coming in contact with anything I may stack with it.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP