shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilee cut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BKmommy

Rough_Rock
Anyone else notice they''re back at GOG?

I fell in absolute lust with this cut when I first found Pricescope for its light performance. Our budget to replace my ring is modest, so I wanted a real show stopper in a small carat weight, so the Jubilee cut seemed perfect... then, they disappeared. I found other cuts I liked almost as much, and figured I could be happy with something else... then suddenly, last night, there they are! I''m actually glad we''ve had to put off getting my ring so long.

I keep checking back at GOG, anxiously awaiting all the stats & prices for them... I''m a dork, LOL. Is anyone else as excited as I am?

I, too, am glad to see them back. I''m not in the market for a diamond right now, but if I were, the Jubilee would definitely be on my list!

Yup, I noticed today that they are back and GOG has TONS in all sorts of sizes!
36.gif

I''ve never heard of them I will have to go check them out.

We are very excited to get them back.
3.gif

ditto!!!! love the look, and wish i was in the mix for a new stone. so beautiful!

Thanks mommy.

Haha... I haven''t used that word/name in a while.
9.gif
I used to once upon a time. Now I just call her ma.
1.gif

Just looked at the Jubilee vs Princess video. Wow!! Wish I''d known about them when I got engaged. I wanted a square cut but ended up with a round because the princesses I''d seen performed so poorly. What''s the point of a clear stone if it doesn''t even sparkle?

Rhino, just found your video list and watched a few. Very informative-thanks so much for doing them.

Glad they are back...still miss my Regents though

Date: 11/19/2008 6:07:57 PM
Author: ribbit
Just looked at the Jubilee vs Princess video. Wow!! Wish I''d known about them when I got engaged. I wanted a square cut but ended up with a round because the princesses I''d seen performed so poorly. What''s the point of a clear stone if it doesn''t even sparkle?
I sympathize with your initial frustration. Imagine owning the technologies the weed out and select the rarest only to find a very tiny percentile (among princess manufacturers) performs to your expectations.
40.gif
I can''t stand it when I see rare clarities/colors cut like kaka.

And thanks for the kind words on the clips ribbit.

Diane ... I hear you.

Kindest regards,

Is there any difference between the new Jubilees and the ones that were available several years ago? Is the same manufacturer cutting them?

Date: 11/23/2008 10:05:53 AM
Author: ep6585
Is there any difference between the new Jubilees and the ones that were available several years ago? Is the same manufacturer cutting them?
Hi ep,

Same original cutter. In this first production we were extremely pleased with how tight they cut the product and although some of the scope exams varied slightly, the optical performance was tops in each (not discernable to human vision). Before they cut the 2nd production however I gave them even tighter specs to keep the scope exams more exact and consistent. We just published a clip on this very subject in fact (6:30 tonight). Interestingly when comparing the measurements of a .77ct Jubilee we have here they were exact to the measurements of a 1.01ct Ideal princess cut too!
1.gif
emthup.gif

All the best,

Date: 11/23/2008 7:51:19 PM
Author: Rhino

Hi ep,

Same original cutter. In this first production we were extremely pleased with how tight they cut the product and although some of the scope exams varied slightly, the optical performance was tops in each (not discernable to human vision). Before they cut the 2nd production however I gave them even tighter specs to keep the scope exams more exact and consistent. We just published a clip on this very subject in fact (6:30 tonight). Interestingly when comparing the measurements of a .77ct Jubilee we have here they were exact to the measurements of a 1.01ct Ideal princess cut too!
1.gif
emthup.gif

All the best,
Thanks for the info. I''m glad I''ll now be able to buy a necklace or ear rings that match my wife''s ring.

Date: 12/1/2008 4:02:21 PM

Date: 11/23/2008 7:51:19 PM
Author: Rhino

Hi ep,

1.gif
emthup.gif

All the best,
Thanks for the info. I''m glad I''ll now be able to buy a necklace or ear rings that match my wife''s ring.
Anytime man.

wow, just watched the jubilee turtorial, so gorgeous... just like a round.....by hubby loved it! The AGS ideal princess is beautiful too tho, hard decision..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP