shape
carat
color
clarity

Knife Edge Wedding band help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
Everybody here was such a help back when I bought my fiancee's engagement ring, that I had to come back and get help with the wedding band. I went with the superb cert tiffany knife edge replica for the ER, but now I need to get a matching platinum band. Money is tight, but I want to make sure I have a good match. Does anyone have the knife edge band from danforth diamonds? It's priced quite nicely, and looks really similar, but I'm not sure that it will match.

Here it is for $290:
Danforth

Here's the knife edge at Excel Diamonds for $450:
Excel

And here's tiffany's for $525:
Tiffany

I'm confident in the Excel one and of course Tiffany's, but I know nothing about danforth. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I have the danforth one, and it's very slender, and might not match well:

gdknedge1.jpg

How wide is the shank on the ering? My ering has a 2.5mm shank, the danforth band is 2mm (they also have a 4mm one). It also seems to be taller than my setting, which could be an issue (ETA: It bugged me enough I got a new band). Here's a pic where you can kind of see what I mean:

gdskhand.jpg

Sorry that's huge....

I'd go with the excel one, honestly, as it was probably designed to match their tiffany replica.

If you purchased the knife edge engagement ring from Excel, then you should definitely purchase the matching wedding band from Excel to ensure a better fit. Each manufacturer produces a model based upon their own preference and design, piecing sets together from different dealers usually ends up looking, well, pieced together.

Wow. It looks so close to the tiffany on your hand! It has the same width as the excel one, which is 2mm, so I''m honestly more tempted to go for the Danforth one now. It''s so close. Are you satisfied with the quality of the band? Here''s a link to a picture of her ER:

ring

I think her ER band is a tad bit skinnier than yours, although excel says the width is 3.1mm. I think that could be the max width because her''s is dainty for sure:)

I am happy with the quality of the band (it's palladium, not platinum, but the same style you were referencing. I forgot to meantion that in my earlier posts.) I wasn't happy with the way it looked with my solitaire, and ended up replacing it with a diamond band earier than anticipated.

If you want to give it a try, go for it - just double check the return policy so if it doesn't meet expectations you can send it back. I still think the Excel band would be your best bet of matching the solitaire.
1.gif

ETA: Lovely ering she has! It probably looks skinnier than mine because the knife edge is more severe. My ering has a fairly subtle knife edge.

Thanks for the advice. I''m going to check the return policy. The savings would be huge, and I''m almost willing to risk shipping it back, if it is as close as it looks.

I just noticed I put the link to the wrong danforth in my original post. Whoops! Here''s the knife edge:
danforth

Date: 1/30/2009 1:03:45 PM
Author: mountainman99
Thanks for the advice. I''m going to check the return policy. The savings would be huge, and I''m almost willing to risk shipping it back, if it is as close as it looks.

I just noticed I put the link to the wrong danforth in my original post. Whoops! Here''s the knife edge:
danforth
Shipping shouldn''t be too bad if you need to return it. Let us know what you end up with! It is definitely a nice little band.
5.gif

Hi MM-

I have the Danforth knife edge in 18K yellow gold with a Tiffany-style setting and I think it looks great. (not ring in avatar) The knife edge is a little "knifey", but I''ve gotten used to it. The quality is great. If you look at the original Tiffany set in person, it was my impression that their knife edge band is a little thinner than the solitaire, too. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP