shape
carat
color
clarity

Littman Jewelers Lifetime Guarantee and Care Plan

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What aspects of these do you like most, moe?
The reason I ask is because, e.g., most any good local neighborhood jewelry store will clean a ring & tighten the prongs, if needed, at no charge, even if you didn't purchase the ring from them, as a good will gesture. If your ring is platinum, it will never need replating. So those are some components of the Jewelry Care Plan -- which will cost you an additional $500 or more, if you buy a 2 ct H, SI1 diamond ring (your previously stated preference in a diamond) from Littman -- that wouldn't have any real value to you.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
moe|1425675886|3843014 said:
I was impressed by Littman Jewelers Lifetime Loss and Damage Guarantee and Lifetime Jewelry Care Plan. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

Lifetime Loss and Damage Guarantee:
http://www.littmanjewelers.com/Service/Content/Guarantees.aspx

Lifetime Jewelry Care Plan:
http://www.littmanjewelers.com/ljcp

Thank you

Big deal its a chain store. Any one you purchase your ring from will give you those items. But the quality of the stones they have a subpar....so no big deal

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1425685627|3843081 said:
Big deal its a chain store. Any one you purchase your ring from will give you those items. But the quality of the stones they have a subpar....so no big deal
Well, most vendors do not have a 60-day return for full refund policy + an upgrade program, altho' some PS sponsors have a shorter return-full refund policy with a more favorable upgrade program than Littman -- which requires an upgrade costing twice as much as the original purcahase in order to be credited with the original purchase price. And to give credit where due, Littman does have AGS 000 & GIA Excellent stones in its corporate inventory, even though the odds are slim that any one of their stores will happen to have much, if any, of that calibre in hand.

If, for example, a nice upgrade program is something moe values, we can steer her/him accordingly.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Their cost of loose diamonds seems really high. Twice the price of a comparable AGS stone from Whiteflash.

Their Lifetime Guarantee has some vague wording in my opinion.

"Your Lifetime Loss and Damage Guarantee does not cover theft, abuse or mysterious disappearance."

It's hard to define "abuse" and "mysterious disappearance". I am not familiar with Littman but have never considered paying for the store guarantees.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, instead of that you get jewelry insurance that will cover the ring if lost, stolen, destroyed in a fire, diamond cracked because it is whacked on something, etc. Those jewelry store deals are really just to get you to come back in the store! Most of us clean our rings at home, but on I have my ring cleaned occasionally when I am browsing at any nice jewelry store for free.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results