shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to add a lab grown diamond to my collection and need help. :)

Jean1977

Rough_Rock
Hello!
I am on the hunt for a lab grown diamond to add to my collection. I need some assistance in picking one. Thoughts on this diamond? IMG_4749.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a poorly cut diamond with a flat top and won't sparkle much. Can we help you find an alternative? If so, just let us know your budget and size requirements.

Jean1977

Rough_Rock
This is a poorly cut diamond with a flat top and won't sparkle much. Can we help you find an alternative? If so, just let us know your budget and size requirements.

Thank you! Honestly. I want to go as cheap as possible for this as it would be a travel ring and just something fun. What do I need to look out for to know if one is poorly cut? I am willing to compromise on clarity and color for this little project.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
If you tell us your budgets, size and color preferences, then the experts can help.

The general cut parameters are listed in the education section of PS. The two to begin with are crown angle of 34-35 and pavilion angle of 40.6-40.9. Then you have to look for graining and tinges and optical symmetry and a bunch of other stuff. Hope that helps!

Jean1977

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I narrowed it down to two. I ran them through HCA and they seem good but like I said I not great at this.

Here are the links to both:

They both are super affordable compared to other sites. Appreciate opinions and thank you in advance.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of those have a lot of striation that I can see in the videos. I think you could find a diamond with better crystal quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results