shape
carat
color
clarity

"Make it impossible?" Huh?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not on any social media and this senior introvert just prefers to not get out and mingle much.
So I'm usually ignorant of the latest slang terms.

Looking into the tragedy in Asheville, NC I came across a pic of a restaurant menu at the Asheville Regional Airport.

At the very bottom of the menu, the burger description reads "make it impossible +3".
What in the world does that mean, and why does it add $3 to the cost of a burger? :confused::confused::confused:

Is there some new, or regional, condiment named, "make it impossible"?
After all I think there's a brand of margarine called, "I can't believe it's not butter".

mip.png

Last edited:
The Impossible Burger is a brand of vegan burger patties - so "make it impossible" likely refers to the possibility of substituting the beef patty for a vegan patty; to make the burger vegan or vegetarian (if you keep the cheese, or perhaps they allow for the substitution of regular cheese with vegan cheese as well). "Impossible" in general makes vegan meat alternatives (so they have sausages, "pulled pork", patties etc) .

Aha! That must be it.
Thanks. :wavey:

But I'd expect a veggie patty to be cheaper than beef?
No?
It seems the menu should read -$3 ... not +$3.

Last edited:
They remove the burger and replace it with a huge pile of salt.
I feel bad for anyone who thinks it is good for them.

Aha! That must be it.
Thanks. :wavey:

But I'd expect a veggie patty to be cheaper than beef?
No?
It seems the menu should read -$3 ... not +$3.

you'd think, but even in grocery stores impossible patties are far more expensive than beef; because the ingredients in the impossible patties are pricey, plus supply chain issues etc.

Personally I can't stand them - I prefer a veggie patty that's made of real vegetarian ingredients that isn't trying to mimic meat - but I know there's a large market for them, primarily also because they carry the same protein content and most micronutrients as real beef. Though, as Karl already mentioned, with far more sodium.

Substituting meat with vegan alternative usually incurs an additional charge, as it is an added inconvenient to the kitchen having to keep things separate, e.g. utensils, cooking area, vegan stock, etc., incuring more work, washing up, complications to an operation etc. etc...

DK :))

I really like Impossible burgers and Beyond burgers. I find them tastier than beef hamburgers, they have a really nice consistency.

I really like Impossible burgers and Beyond burgers. I find them tastier than beef hamburgers, they have a really nice consistency.

But how can you eat them?
Aren't they impossible to swallow?

I saw "Impossible" sausage being offered at a cinema complex in Burnaby yesterday!

BTW, no wonder the hotdogs at Costco are so popular - I was changed nearly 8 CAD for a hotdogs without onions yesterday, and it was smaller and a lot more expensive than the ones at Costco!

I was hoping to go to Costco and have a hotdog with my mum one last time before she went, nevermind. :((2

DK :))

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP