shape
carat
color
clarity

My Big Fat Cheap Ruby

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am usually reluctant to buy colored gemstones bc I am afraid of the whole lab or glass possibility. But this one came with a return policy so I figured I could test drive it. It is stamped Kallati so after googling it, I think it is safe to say it’s natural, not to mention all the inclusions. Lol. Be brutally honest. I love how she glows and how huge she is!
IMG_1934.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1929.jpeg
    IMG_1929.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1926.jpeg
    IMG_1926.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 39
Personally, I don't think there's a need for brutal honesty here, just the regular kind. :mrgreen2: In my opinion, this is a great purchase seeing as though the price was right (it was inexpensive, as you said) and you're aware of what you've got. It's a fun statement piece! Let's assume the ruby is natural... you already know it's likely heated/clarity enhanced. The transparency is more translucent, but there are no obvious, distracting inclusions. The color is a nice, glowy red in the sun. Plus, you seem quite pleased with it!

I would say it’s quite likely very * heavily *treated. Up to you if you’re comfortable with the level.

It is stamped Kallati...

It does look glowy and is quite sizable so it certainly ticks a lot of boxes!

You know more than I do about this brand but the name worked into the gallery is a bit shaggy-looking. I see online that they are four generations in the jewelry business and also that they were founded in 1988 -- so they seem to have kids pretty young. :cool2:

The only thing I’d worry about is glass filling because that would affect how you care about it. One misstep and you could ruin it. But that’s something you can learn with relative ease. Glass filling is recognised through observation. A gemologist with a microscope could tell you, no need for expensive lab equipment.

Aside from that, enjoy! Worst it could be is major residues and since you’re aware of that and don’t care about it, I don’t see why anyone else should.

Do you love it and will you wear it heaps?

I say return it if it’s glass filled because that will not last. Unfortunately the only way I know how to test that is to soak the ring in vinegar or lemon juice and it will absolutely destroy the stone if it’s glass filled.

That said, if the price was cheap enough you could replace the setting with a large Rubellite if anything happens to the stone.

If you like it, you buy it and wear it with joy.

DK :))

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics