shape
carat
color
clarity

My hidden ruby in my ring just fell out, need to get it fixed in QLD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I was just using my new ultrasonic cleaner which I bought today and I think I was being a little overzealous (mind you the last clean actually finally worked and the ring is super sparkly) and just realised my hidden ruby fell out
39.gif
. On the upside I found it down the bottom of the machine and have it stored in a safe place but I want to get this fixed ASAP only problem is I have no idea of a decent jeweler let alone a decent jeweler for repair work in Brisbane, and I don''t think it is worth shipping the ring to the US for Leon to fix this.

Is this hard to fix or is it something simple?
Anyone know of anyone in Brisbane or the surrounding areas that would be able to fix it.

I feel really gutted right now, it is my most favourite part of the ring and even though FI will understand and I know it is not anyones fault I feel like crap that it has happened.

What a shame. I don''t know of any jewellers you can use, I just wanted to send you a big ((((hug))))

Thanks Maisie
1.gif
hopefully someone will know, I wouldn''t trust any of the jewelers I know in and around my area.

Aww I''m sorry too Deelight! What a shame. At least with the u/s you always find the stones right?

I know how you feel. None of the jewellers round here are any good. I would probably send my ring right back to Whiteflash if anything went wrong!

Date: 11/27/2008 8:53:55 AM
Author: neatfreak
Aww I''m sorry too Deelight! What a shame. At least with the u/s you always find the stones right?

NeatThats what I am telling myself, scary thing is because it is so small I nearly didn''t find it and spilled out the water, so very very glad I looked again
32.gif
mental note for self next time just hold the ring in the cleaner.

Maisie I am hoping one of the other Aussie''s might have a suggestion, *fingers crossed*.

Date: 11/27/2008 8:57:58 AM
Author: Deelight

NeatThats what I am telling myself, scary thing is because it is so small I nearly didn''t find it and spilled out the water, so very very glad I looked again
32.gif

Maisie I am hoping one of the other Aussie''s might have a suggestion, *fingers crossed*.

Yeah, I always examine my wedding band closely when I take it out of the US since it''s all pave to make sure I haven''t lost one before I dump it!

Date: 11/27/2008 9:01:48 AM
Date: 11/27/2008 8:57:58 AM

32.gif

Yeah, I always examine my wedding band closely when I take it out of the US since it''s all pave to make sure I haven''t lost one before I dump it!

I didn''t even think to check I just happened to notice by accident when I was blow drying my ring, lucky lucky lucky accident.

I now know for next time at least.

I would think the obvious choice would be Garry Holloway.
1.gif

Date: 11/27/2008 9:06:37 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I would think the obvious choice would be Garry Holloway.
1.gif

DS Unfortunately Garry is not in the same state as me however I will be heading that way sometime between now and when we tie the knot my sister lives there and we both need wedding bands but I don''t know the next chance I will get to get down there.

We also will be seeing his parents, brother and my niece for the first time since we got engaged this Saturday (his parents were on hols, his bro lives OS my niece interstate but is up here ATM) and it will be the first time they see the ring and us since the event so if it is possible I would like to get it fixed tomorrow, not sure if that is possible.

Deelight! I am so bummed for you darling! How crapola!!!
29.gif

I can''t help you with suggestions, BUT if you are in Melbourne honey, you better make time for a visit with me!! I would give a kidney to see that GOG stone and Leon in real life!! You know where to find me
2.gif

Dee - what a pants thing to happen, I just wanted to send you a hug.{{{{{ }}}}}

Date: 11/27/2008 4:24:43 PM
Author: Lorelei
\

ROFLMAO! Pants thing to happen!!!!
25.gif

This is hilarious Lorelei - and you thought I was daggy
3.gif

I told FI last night, he like me was disappointed, because of the timing, he feels like I will be showing off a dodgy ring which it isn't (and he knows it isn't) and I don't have to show anyone the inscription though I was really wanting to hence it being my favourite bit - he did ask me if it is possible to pop it back in myself
17.gif
. Really it was probably my fault and I guess the rule of US machines and pave is kinda like the same deal with small hidden stones unfortunately I didn't actually make that correlation but now I know next time not to pop the whole ring in the US, lesson learned.

Lozza LOL thanks, I am going to have to steal that saying
36.gif

honey You bet your bottom dollar PAR-TY I think it is high time for an Aussie GTG I am not opposed to flying to Melbourne for it, the shopping and jewelery is better. With everyone so spread out of this big country I wonder if it would be viable or others would be up to it :D?

There is a local jeweler to me that does bench work and designs stuff but I am hesitant to use him as I don't know him from a bar of soap and having no idea how hard it is for the stone to be popped back in I don't know if he could mangle the ring in the process.

ETA: Just called the jeweler trying to get an idea for a quote and they told me that it may or may not be able to be replaced
7.gif
being platinum, but they couldn't say without seeing it (fair enough).

When I asked how long it would take he said it would take a week or even longer, I am no expert but that can't be right, can it?

Hmmm..Dee, I''m bummed for you - but glad you found it!
40.gif

Only thing, and I don''t wanna make this any worse - but you''ve had this ring, all of what ? A month?
Personally, I would be pretty miffed with that, considering the prices LM charges...pretty disappointng imho.

And yes, definately Pants!

Dee, sorry to hear this has happened - I can imagine how upsetting it must be. Is there anyway you could ask Leon what his opinion is about replacing the ruby?

Dee Unfortunately especially seeing as we are right near X-mas that repair time doesn''t seem unreasonable. My jeweler is about 2 weeks out for repair work right now.

Date: 11/27/2008 11:39:45 PM
Dee Unfortunately especially seeing as we are right near X-mas that repair time doesn''t seem unreasonable. My jeweler is about 2 weeks out for repair work right now.
Yes this time is crazy busy for jeweler''s. I know you said Garry is in another State, but was wondering if he could recommend someone near you?? Worth a call at least. I am sorry it fell out, but better to have it fall out in the US, so you have it and can take it to be fixed.

Date: 11/27/2008 10:25:58 PM
I told FI last night, he like me was disappointed, because of the timing, he feels like I will be showing off a dodgy ring which it isn''t (and he knows it isn''t) and I don''t have to show anyone the inscription though I was really wanting to hence it being my favourite bit - he did ask me if it is possible to pop it back in myself
17.gif
. Really it was probably my fault and I guess the rule of US machines and pave is kinda like the same deal with small hidden stones unfortunately I didn''t actually make that correlation but now I know next time not to pop the whole ring in the US, lesson learned.

Lozza LOL thanks, I am going to have to steal that saying
36.gif

honey You bet your bottom dollar PAR-TY I think it is high time for an Aussie GTG I am not opposed to flying to Melbourne for it, the shopping and jewelery is better. With everyone so spread out of this big country I wonder if it would be viable or others would be up to it :D?

There is a local jeweler to me that does bench work and designs stuff but I am hesitant to use him as I don''t know him from a bar of soap and having no idea how hard it is for the stone to be popped back in I don''t know if he could mangle the ring in the process.

ETA: Just called the jeweler trying to get an idea for a quote and they told me that it may or may not be able to be replaced
7.gif
being platinum, but they couldn''t say without seeing it (fair enough).

When I asked how long it would take he said it would take a week or even longer, I am no expert but that can''t be right, can it?
Bummer bummer bummer about the ring!

On the other hand YAY YAY YAY for PSers get together!!! I am cool to come to another state too, though it would have to be after the wedding due to finances. If it''s here in Melb, then I am good to go anytime

We should start a thread in hangout and get an idea of who would be interested as they would probably be travel for some aussies that were super keen. AJ better get her booty down to Melbourne too!

Oh poor you Deelight! This happened to me to but I lost the stone
6.gif
How about that jeweller at paradise point that I told you about years ago. The guy waas a bench man for calleja's
Here you go
9.gif
JK Seventy Two
Category: Jewellers--Retail
Address
2/ 11 Grice Ave
Paradise Point
QLD, 4216
Australia
Contact Details
Ph: (07) 5529 5911

Date: 11/27/2008 11:58:16 PM
Author: katebar
Oh poor you Deelight! This happened to me to but I lost the stone
6.gif

How about that jeweller at paradise point that I told you about years ago. The guy waas a bench man for calleja's

Here you go
9.gif

JK Seventy Two

Category: Jewellers--Retail

Address

2/ 11 Grice Ave

Paradise Point

QLD, 4216

Australia

Contact Details

Ph: (07) 5529 5911

Kate I was hoping you might have a recommendation, have you used him? Though I assume if he worked for Calleija the man would have to be good LOL.

Thank you :) soon as schoolies is over I will head down there

Date: 11/27/2008 11:32:49 PM
Author: arjunajane
Hmmm..Dee, I'm bummed for you - but glad you found it!
40.gif

Only thing, and I don't wanna make this any worse - but you've had this ring, all of what ? A month?

Personally, I would be pretty miffed with that, considering the prices LM charges...pretty disappointng imho.

A little out of order, I was just a little over excited to get a recommendation locally LOL

AJ We have had the ring in our possession for about 3mths, and it was shifted around in FI's money belt for a good month, slept on under his pillow etc LOL as we were traveling and touring so on FI was the best policy and the ring looks perfect. I don't think it was LM's fault, I could be wrong but I think sticking the ring multiple times (I lost count) in the US machine (Aldi has a sale on US machines) last night playing with my new toy (yes I got obsessed) probably had something to do with it the workmanship is great I am miffed and sad but I don't think he is to blame these things happen, the ruby is quite cute though.

softly softly I just left a message with this jeweler hopefully he gets back to me soon. I will probably shoot an email over to Leon to make sure it won't void any warranties.

neatfreak and Kaleigh D'oh now that you mention it that seems totally obvious and reasonable, I am glad if it was going to fall out it did where it did.

honey PS AUSSIE GTG for sure I am all for it :).

Thank you to you all :)

*UPDATE* Just got off the phone with JK Seventy Two providing there is no damage to the ring or the ruby and I give them a little notice I can pop in and get it done while I am having a cup of coffee *WOOHOO*, fairly easy job, I feel so relieved right now :D.

Date: 11/27/2008 4:56:45 PM
Author: honey22

Date: 11/27/2008 4:24:43 PM
Author: Lorelei

ROFLMAO! Pants thing to happen!!!!
25.gif

This is hilarious Lorelei - and you thought I was daggy
3.gif
I think that saying qualifies me as being daggy....
9.gif

Date: 11/28/2008 2:05:52 AM

Hmmm..Dee, I''m bummed for you - but glad you found it!
40.gif

Only thing, and I don''t wanna make this any worse - but you''ve had this ring, all of what ? A month?

A little out of order, I was just a little over excited to get a recommendation locally LOL

AJ We have had the ring in our possession for about 3mths, and it was shifted around in FI''s money belt for a good month, slept on under his pillow etc LOL as we were traveling and touring so on FI was the best policy and the ring looks perfect. I don''t think it was LM''s fault, I could be wrong but I think sticking the ring multiple times (I lost count) in the US machine (Aldi has a sale on US machines) last night playing with my new toy (yes I got obsessed) probably had something to do with it the workmanship is great I am miffed and sad but I don''t think he is to blame these things happen, the ruby is quite cute though.

softly softly I just left a message with this jeweler hopefully he gets back to me soon. I will probably shoot an email over to Leon to make sure it won''t void any warranties.

neatfreak and Kaleigh D''oh now that you mention it that seems totally obvious and reasonable, I am glad if it was going to fall out it did where it did.

*UPDATE* Just got off the phone with JK Seventy Two providing there is no damage to the ring or the ruby and I give them a little notice I can pop in and get it done while I am having a cup of coffee *WOOHOO*, fairly easy job, I feel so relieved right now :D.

Dee I''m so glad to hear that. You must be so relieved - although I agree it is wise to give the Gold Coast a wide berth during schoolies!!! Even more exciting though is the news that Aldi not only carries ultrasonic machines, but is having a sale. Are they mains or battery powered? Must pop in and check it out.

Just out of interest, is Paradise Point that big shopping centre in Surfers Paradise? I only ask ''cos I was visiting there last April (I live in Vic, but my MIL has a holiday Apartment on the GC) and I remember seeing what looked like a fairly nice jewellery shop there.

40.gif

Only thing, and I don't wanna make this any worse - but you've had this ring, all of what ? A month?

AJ We have had the ring in our possession for about 3mths, and it was shifted around in FI's money belt for a good month, slept on under his pillow etc LOL as we were traveling and touring so on FI was the best policy and the ring looks perfect. I don't think it was LM's fault, I could be wrong but I think sticking the ring multiple times (I lost count) in the US machine (Aldi has a sale on US machines) last night playing with my new toy (yes I got obsessed) probably had something to do with it the workmanship is great I am miffed and sad but I don't think he is to blame these things happen, the ruby is quite cute though.
Dee, I didn't mean to offend, I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way
7.gif

Obviously I am not that informed on how long you have had the ring or how travelled it is. But I agree it was probably just the US in this case.

The only reason I mentioned LM, is because the first thing that came to mind for me is if this were another PS vendor (WF et al), people would be probably be exuberantly saying "Send it back to be fixed and demand they pay for it".. etc.
And, unless you had specifically been told by the vendor not to put it in the US, I imagine they would do exactly that and cover the expense.
Its just that no one says this kinda thing when its a LM piece, and this baffles me..

But, thats neither here nor there lovey as you want to do it locally anyways
5.gif
Please re-read my original statement, I was only commenting on how I would feel, but of course its not my ring!
I shouldn't have broached that LM can of worms, sorry
40.gif

I know your ring has lovely workmanship as I've seen the pics, and undoubtedly you love it very much - its fabulous! Which is clearly why you were trying to keep it extra sparkly, lol !
2.gif

Again, pls accept my apologies - I think the sentiment kinda got lost in translation.
20.gif

Just fyi for future, I've read that softer gems such as ruby, emerald etc should not go in the US at all..apparently it can damage the coating, oils etc..and perhaps this is the reason behind yours coming out. So glad you caught the stones by stroke of luck!
40.gif

I hope you find a really good place to fix it, here's what I could dig up for "prestige" jewellers in QLD - keeping in mind I've no idea how close they are to you:

> Gallery Creations, Sthport, (07)5443 2801
>Lee Van's Manufacturing jeweler, Sthport, (07)5591 4766
>Xennox Diamond World, Queen st Mall Brisbane (07) 3210 6288
> ORO diamonds & gold , Mooloolaba, (07)5444 7272
> Mark Evans fine jewellery, shop3 - 45 the Esplanade, otton Tree Sunshine Coast, (07)5443 2778

Pls keep in mind I know next to nothing about these stores, but at a quick glance ORO and Mark Evans look promising..?
HTH
5.gif
AJ

ETA: pls disregard all of the above Dee, I didn't realize you already had a jeweller finalized. Ah well, I will leave it thre incase it comes in handy for future mbrs.

Date: 11/27/2008 11:53:37 PM
Author: honey22

Bummer bummer bummer about the ring!

On the other hand YAY YAY YAY for PSers get together!!! I am cool to come to another state too, though it would have to be after the wedding due to finances. If it''s here in Melb, then I am good to go anytime

We should start a thread in hangout and get an idea of who would be interested as they would probably be travel for some aussies that were super keen. AJ better get her booty down to Melbourne too!
hey you! I thought we''ve had this discussion before, lol ! I''d be there with bells on - the kind of bells tha sparkle and throw fire and ...well...don''t actually chime...
3.gif
41.gif

Melbs is def. a hike for me, but I also have g''friends living there, so it would also be a great chance to see them.

What time frame are we thinking? I *need* some time to recoup funds from all my recent sparkly spending, rofl...However, the longer we leave it, the more completed pieces I shall have to show off...
31.gif

But anyways, I will stop hijacking Dee''s thread (sorry Dee) - Honey, will you start a hangout thread or shall I...?
Lets show these *yanks* we aren''t just talk, and can arrange a GTG with mbrs from all corners of our expansive continent !
2.gif
11.gif
5.gif

40.gif

softly softly I just left a message with this jeweler hopefully he gets back to me soon. I will probably shoot an email over to Leon to make sure it won't void any warranties.

neatfreak and Kaleigh D'oh now that you mention it that seems totally obvious and reasonable, I am glad if it was going to fall out it did where it did.

Whoo hoo that's great Deelight and Schoolies ends tonight! Daniel (I Think that was his name) was lovely when i was looking at having my legacy like ring done. BUT Whiteflash in the good old day of pre global melt down ended up being cheaper. He still does lovely work and tell him you got the referral from Pricescope.

Lozza your a loveable dag and that's the way we like it
36.gif

softly softly I refuse to go anywhere near the coast at all during this time of year, I made the mistake once with FI not realising and NEVER again. The ultrasonics at ALDI went on sale on Thursday and cost $39.99, I wasn't sure mine was doing the right job hence why I think I popped my ring in like 4 or 5 times possibly more, it is good little unit just add hot water a little detergent and a fair good walloping of ammonia, I found it was best when I had the plastic basket weighed down (with my glasses) but in future I would probably just dangle the diamond in there and remove the basket. Oh and the US is mains powered and very portable.

AJ I am so so sorry if I came across defensive, not my intention I was just trying to explain why I didn't think it was his fault and I guess that came out the wrong way I know you were being helpful and all that so if what I wrote lost context (which I think it did) I am truly sorry.

OMG I am a doofus I just re-read what I wrote as I was writing this post I am sorry that not what I meant with the out of order comment I actually meant I was replying out of order in terms of who posted because I was excited about the recommendation in future I will re-proof read my responses again before posting I am such a git - I know what you meant and I really do appreciate it and in all honesty if I thought it was his fault I would be the first to say so. The cost to repair will be $22 providing there is no damage to the ring which I am like 99% sure there isn't LOL.

Thank you so much for the recommendations hun much appreciated :D and feel free to hijack this thread all you want, I want to go to a get together & I wanna meet all the prettties (diamond and human) so much fun
36.gif
36.gif

kate Will do, they seemed very nice on the phone and not worried that the ring was platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP