shape
carat
color
clarity

My prongs bother me. How to improve them?

donutkim96

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I’ve never been fully satisfied with my engagement ring of close to ten years and I think it’s about time I do something about these prongs.

The shape of each prong tip looks uneven to me. Some of the angles are asymmetrical also. It stands out to me a lot and I want *perfect* prongs. I also wish the prongs were a bit bigger to give more of a *square* look. Could you advise what I can do to fix my ring?

IMG_9800.jpeg
IMG_9798.jpeg IMG_9794.jpeg
IMG_9785.jpeg

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful diamond! But I see what you mean with the claws in that they are a bit blobby, or bead / ball like. Are you after just refinement or are you considering a full reset?

donutkim96

Rough_Rock
I will have to go in and see what the jeweler will offer to do. I want the prongs to look a bit bolder, while being 99.99% even in size, look and angle. The diamond is set a bit high too; and i personally appreciate lower settings

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to go in and see what the jeweler will offer to do. I want the prongs to look a bit bolder, while being 99.99% even in size, look and angle. The diamond is set a bit high too; and i personally appreciate lower settings

Please let us know what you decide to do & post pictures!

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone! Consider "Claw" prongs. They come in regular and mini. They're wider at the top and narrow to a sharp point to hold the stone. This should give you the more "square" look... and a claw prong is timeless! Good luck and remember to sho us photos when you're new setting is complete!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you want a new setting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What about something like the HW Logo setting from Harry Winston? Just a “for example…”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results