shape
carat
color
clarity

Need an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sully18d

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think of this stone? Here is the information from the GIA report. I bought this stone for 5k while deployed in Afghanistan.

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

Date of Issue: June 10, 2008

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 7.22 - 7.25 x 4.60 mm

Carat Weight: 1.52

Color Grade: J

Clarity Grade: VS1

Cut Grade: Very Good

Proportions:

Depth: 63.6 %

Table: 58 %

Crown Angle: 35.5°

Crown Height: 15 %

Pavilion Angle: 41°

Pavilion Depth: 43.5 %

Star length: 55 %

Lower Half: 80 %

Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Good

Fluorescence: None

Comments: Additional pinpoints are not shown.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you guys. If it''s not worth it, I will take the stone back and get my money back. I can get a slightly smaller stone in the states @ around 1.25 or bigger for about the same price I bought this one at the jeweler who is preparing the bands.

My biggest concern is that this stone will be put in the Tacori platinum setting with 6 G VS1 stones on either side. It''s the Tacori HT251012X platinum setting. Does anyone think this stone will be washed out by the platinum or higher colored stones and start to show the yellow tint?

Well...it's a pretty poorly cut stone unfortunately. I'd pass. We can help you find a nicer one for sure. Unfortunately GIA 'Ex' for cut doesn't always mean that it's really that great. Their cut grading isn't very accurate sometimes.

Date: 11/27/2008 9:14:10 AM
Author: neatfreak
Well...it's a pretty poorly cut stone unfortunately. I'd pass. We can help you find a nicer one for sure. Unfortunately GIA 'Ex' for cut doesn't always mean that it's really that great. Their cut grading isn't very accurate sometimes.
Ditto - you can do better. The diamond was cheap, was that 5k USD you paid and can you return it easily?

Welcome to Pricescope
35.gif

This stone scores a 4.2 on the HCA (usually anything under 2 is a great stone)... I would pass, you can surely find something with a better cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP