shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Analysing Loupe Photo/Video of Diamond

togal

Brilliant_Rock
I'm hoping that some of you can help me to decipher the photo of the lab diamond that I've chosen (but hasn't been shipped yet).

It scores a .07 on HCA, and 8.5 on StoneAlgo. My main concern is that the photo doesn't show any spectral colors/fire. Could it be the angle of the diamond when it's photographed (propped straight- up vs. lying on the girdle with differing lighting)? For me, it's challenging to decipher photographs accurately (to determine if there are any inherent issues with the stone). I do notice that photos of diamonds with similar specs show more rainbow color.

I'm wondering if there are any major red flags based the photo, not only in terms of colors (spectral), or lack thereof, but overall symmetry, etc. (photo and specs attached).

Link to video: https://agensolution.in/admin/upload/webdiamonds/TA83-86A/TA83-86A.html

(To PriceScope Moderator: I had this posted in the wrong forum originally, so have moved it here)

Attachments

• Screenshot (5911).png
    Screenshot (5911).png
    485.5 KB · Views: 59
  • diamond - 2.29.png
    diamond - 2.29.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
This type of video setup is designed to show off inclusions, not spectral colors/fire. The lighting plays a huge factor in what you see out of a diamond.

1.76 in similar video setup

1.74 in different type of common video setup

1.74 and 1.76 look pretty much identical in person under the same lighting

From

This type of video setup is designed to show off inclusions, not spectral colors/fire. The lighting plays a huge factor in what you see out of a diamond.
Ex

1.74 in different type of common video setup

1.74 and 1.76 look pretty much identical in person under the same lighting

From

Excellent example! I figured it was the way the diamond was positioned and the lighting when the photo was taken. Thank you! Do you seen any inherent issues with the photo of my stone in terms of symmetry, etc.?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics