shape
carat
color
clarity

need help deciding between two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

averagejoe78

Rough_Rock
I''m deciding between two diamonds for engagement:

Shape: round
Cert: AGS
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Carat: 2.05
Cut: very good

Shape: cushion
Cert: GIA
Color: H
Clarity: VS1

They both are the same pricepoints. My girlfriend originally liked the round but likes the cushion as well. Her main criteria is that it sparkles! Any help on which one to choose would be much appreciated!!!

Date: 11/27/2008 10:32:25 AM
Author:averagejoe78
I'm deciding between two diamonds for engagement:

Shape: round
Cert: AGS
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Carat: 2.05

Shape: cushion
Cert: GIA
Color: H
Clarity: VS1

They both are the same pricepoints. My girlfriend originally liked the round but likes the cushion as well. Her main criteria is that it sparkles! Any help on which one to choose would be much appreciated!!!
Welcome!

Two different looks and types of diamonds, can you post the proportions such as depth, table, crown and pavilion angles, girdle and diameter for the round please?

Cushions need to be seen to be evaluated, have you seen this diamond in person, or indeed either of them? If not then pics of the cushion would be very useful. With the round diamond if it is with an online vendor, then an Idealscope image would be helpful.

Unfortunately, I do not have the measurements. From the certs I looked at, it appeared that they were both rated with very good cuts, no flourescents, etc.

I saw both in person. While the cushion is technically bigger at 2.14 carats compared to the round at 2.05, the round appeared to be a bit bigger. I did think that the cushion appeared more clear or colorless for some reason even though they were only one grade different from H to I. The round did seem more brilliant.

Here are the pics of both attached if that would help. The cushion is on the left. Thanks for your response!

averagejoediamondphotos.jpg

Unfortunalty that is not enough info for us to help you out. If you have a budget maybe you can let us know and members can help you find diamonds. That is assuming you are not stuck with a certain jeweler. Good luck!

Do you have any non blurry pictures? We really need to see the facet structure to try and help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP