shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Deciding on Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tunis

Rough_Rock
Hello all.

I recently purchased a 1.72ct. diamond from one of the vendors on pricescope and now I am looking for a setting to complement my stone. The Stuller Solstice is what I''m interested in but my concern is that the shank at the widest point measures 2.9mm. My girlfriend''s ring size is 5.5 and she doesn''t have long fingers. My sense is that a band of 2.5mm would be a better choice but I like the Solstice as it has a more substantial feel than the standard Stuller Tiffany replica.

Do you think a band that measures 2.9mm at the shoulder (this shank actually tapers slightly towards the head) is going to look too large on a rather petite sized 5.5 finger? Would I be better with a knife edge setting that gives the appearance of being somewhat smaller? The stone measures 7.7mm in diameter.

Thanks for any input...

Tunis

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a 5.5 and i do not think that 2.9 mm would look too large, i think it would be good. You could get he 2.5 mm and make the diamond seem bigger....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a personal preference. I think a 2.9 would be fine, but once you add a wedding band into the mix it''s getting fairly wide IMO.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:50:04 PM
Author: neatfreak
I think it''s a personal preference. I think a 2.9 would be fine, but once you add a wedding band into the mix it''s getting fairly wide IMO.

ditto neat.

tunis

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for the responses...

I''m going to do some more looking around as I don''t want the band to detract from the stone but still want it to look substantial and weighty. Some of the standard Tiffany styles don''t have enough heft for me...

Tunis

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:22:41 PM
Author: tunis
Wow, thanks for the responses...

I''m going to do some more looking around as I don''t want the band to detract from the stone but still want it to look substantial and weighty. Some of the standard Tiffany styles don''t have enough heft for me...

Tunis

They might not have enough heft for YOU but remember that YOU aren''t the one wearing it...what does your GF think?

tunis

Rough_Rock
Good point, neatfreak.

Thing is I HAVE been wearing it lately - around the house at least. I mean, I love my girlfriend but do I really have to give this thing away?...?

Tunis
18.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:35:08 PM
Good point, neatfreak.

Thing is I HAVE been wearing it lately - around the house at least. I mean, I love my girlfriend but do I really have to give this thing away?...?

Tunis
18.gif

Lol. You could buy another for yourself...
17.gif

tunis

Rough_Rock
Haha...

If I didn''t need to eat and clothe myself that might be an option.

Tunis
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:49:35 PM
Haha...

If I didn''t need to eat and clothe myself that might be an option.

Tunis
35.gif

Eating''s overrated right???

tunis

Rough_Rock
What''s a little hunger for all that BLING?????!!!!!!!

Can feel my stomach growling already...

Tunis
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2008 11:14:27 PM
What''s a little hunger for all that BLING?????!!!!!!!

Can feel my stomach growling already...

Tunis
30.gif
Tunis you are hilarious!!! I hope you are planning to stick around here!
35.gif

tunis

Rough_Rock
Hi Lorelei,

Oh, I''m not going anywhere unless the hunger gets the best of me...

Seriously though, I appreciate all your help and the guidance that you provide for novices like me.

You''re part of the PS "diamond dream team"...

Tunis
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2008 5:41:30 PM
Hi Lorelei,

Oh, I''m not going anywhere unless the hunger gets the best of me...

Seriously though, I appreciate all your help and the guidance that you provide for novices like me.

You''re part of the PS ''diamond dream team''...

Tunis
36.gif
* blush...* you are too kind Tunis! And we do have a great team here, they do fantastic work!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And I am very glad to hear you will be sticking around!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 5:41:30 PM
Hi Lorelei,

Oh, I'm not going anywhere unless the hunger gets the best of me...

You're part of the PS 'diamond dream team'...

Tunis
36.gif
There ya go again. What did I tell you??
9.gif

I wear a 5.5, and have shorter fingers. My band is 3.5mm wide and I actually prefer it/the look. I don't think it will be too wide.
28.gif

tunis

Rough_Rock
That''s good to know, Ellen (another "dream team" member).

I''ve already looked at your thread when you introduced your new stone to the PS community - it is a beauty and you sure wear it well. It''s an ISEE2 isn''t it?

Tunis
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results