shape
carat
color
clarity

Need insurance for $28k e-ring in SF Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stat_freak

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I''ve been looking thru some of the posts regarding insurance and people seem to like Chubb or JM. However, experiences vary depending on state, if owning homeowner''s insurance, and the agent themselves. So I''d like some guidance for my specific case.

I do not own a home. I live in the SF Bay Area. And the actual cost of my ring will be $28k. The diamond is enroute to my jeweler so I don''t have an appraisal value just yet. I am proposing in a couple weeks in Mexico, so I''m unsure of the out-of-country implications if the ring is lost or stolen.

As with most posters on this site, I have spent a great deal of time researching and searching for the perfect diamond (esp when it comes to cut quality). If something happened to the ring I would not trust some random insurance approved jeweler to find an "equivalent" ring.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
JM is usually cheaper by a bit, but they require that you replace the ring. I.e., they will not usually just cut you a check, you need to work with a jeweler (but you can choose anyone you want) and JM will pay the jeweler to replace the ring.

Chubb is a bit more expensive usually, but they''ll just cut you a check, so you could replace or not.

Those are the main differences IMO. I have JM and had to make a claim and it couldn''t have been easier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results