shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on side brilliant trapezoids

Sandman62

Rough_Rock
I am concerned about the windowing in these side trapezoids. The first time I saw them they were on a white background so while I noticed it, it didn’t bother me. I went to see the wax mold yesterday and it was much more noticeable. When I look at it I am focusing more on the side stones than the center. Am I overthinking? Center stone is 3.10 E, VVS2, sides are .75 total weight.

Attachments

• IMG_4462.png
    IMG_4462.png
    355.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4366.jpeg
    IMG_4366.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 17
I am concerned about the windowing in these side trapezoids. The first time I saw them they were on a white background so while I noticed it, it didn’t bother me. I went to see the wax mold yesterday and it was much more noticeable. When I look at it I am focusing more on the side stones than the center. Am I overthinking? Center stone is 3.10 E, VVS2, sides are .75 total weight.
Also, I’m new here. Is there a way to post a video from my photo library on my phone?

You have to put the video on youtube or some other platform that supports videos...then provide the link.

That way they are now (in the mold) would bother me too. Can you have them try not tilting them as much to see if they
can eliminate the windowing?

What is the depth on the traps? I wonder they are shallow.

You have to put the video on youtube or some other platform that supports videos...then provide the link.

That way they are now (in the mold) would bother me too. Can you have them try not tilting them as much to see if they

Here is a video and another pic where I can see my skin through the stone but there are times it looks like a perfectly normal diamond so it’s not always there.
October 14, 2024

Here is a video and another pic where I can see my skin through the stone but there are times it looks like a perfectly normal diamond so it’s not always there.
October 14, 2024

October 14, 2024

IMG_5754.jpeg

What is the depth on the traps? I wonder they are shallow.
I don’t have the certificate for the side stones, only the center. I added a video and another photo to a response from tyty333 and would appreciate if you took a look and could give me any thoughts.

Looks like pretty big windows from your video. There are definitely better cut ones that don’t window as much.

Looks like pretty big windows from your video. There are definitely better cut ones that don’t window as much.

Thank you, I appreciate your opinion. I want them to be ok but I really just think they aren’t.

Can you jeweler give you the measurements in millimeters? I’m guessing that the traps are too shallow and that is causing the windowing…

I can ask when they open tomorrow. Is there a chart somewhere that would help me to know the appropriate depth for their size?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics