shape
carat
color
clarity

New diamond - need prong help

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! It’s been a long time since I’ve posted. After many years I have found my new love and he has purchased an oval diamond ring. I’m wanting to change the prongs to claws to best expose the diamond and have a more aesthetic feel. I’m still waiting on the cert for the details as I know everyone loves this info! But it’s a circa 2.5 carat oval vs1 and I’ll update once I get the cert! Would love feedback please! This is the ring in my finger but the centre stone is still loose so that’s why it may appear wonky IMG_0210.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0204.jpeg
    IMG_0204.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 56

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Long time no see but you come back with a bang!! Congrats on your engagement and this beautiful ring! The diamond looks huge and I really like the setting with the side diamonds as well. I think delicate claw prongs would go really well with this stone!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Long time no see but you come back with a bang!! Congrats on your engagement and this beautiful ring! The diamond looks huge and I really like the setting with the side diamonds as well. I think delicate claw prongs would go really well with this stone!

Thank you so much! It’s just been to our jeweller and has come back at 3.84 carat oval, vs1 and F colour. I am in love with it. I love the tiny side diamonds too. The jeweller feels claws will simply not be safe enough to keep a stone this size totally secure. It’s loose in the pics above (just resting in the setting) so will probably have to keep the current prongs but might finesse them a little! He has done well!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! It’s just been to our jeweller and has come back at 3.84 carat oval, vs1 and F colour. I am in love with it. I love the tiny side diamonds too. The jeweller feels claws will simply not be safe enough to keep a stone this size totally secure. It’s loose in the pics above (just resting in the setting) so will probably have to keep the current prongs but might finesse them a little! He has done well!

Wow - it is quite the diamond! I am sure the jeweler will work with you to find something aesthetically pleasing to you while keeping the diamond safe. Would love to see more hand shots when it is complete!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @laurenk, it's good to hear from you and to see this great news! What a big and beautiful diamond! I think the jeweler is right and I'm sure he can shape the prongs in a way that looks nice while keeping the stone secure. Congratulations and please come back with pics once it's set!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Update IMG_0385.jpeg ! Still not officially “on my finger” but reset! Our jeweller was very nervous about changing the prongs due to the size of the centre stone. I am going to update more detailed specs once I receive them. It truly feels magnificent on my hand! The pic showing some fluroescent - unsure about that, but was taken inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpeg
    IMG_0390.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 29

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning @laurenk! Looks so beautiful on your hand, please come back with more pics once it's officially yours!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results