shape
carat
color
clarity

New Question.... :)

togal

Brilliant_Rock
So...since "0515vision is indignant...my question is:

How did both 'DegaWiz' and 'KimN' rate the designation, according to '0515vision', of 'top experts'... I'm thinking, if it doesn't already exist, that an 'expert introduction' thread should be initiated, so that we know who the 'experts' are...and their designations...and have an informed knowledge of why they are deemed to be experts, so that the choices that we make, based on their opinions...and 'incredible free insight', have merit/value for the 'average' PriceScope member.

0515vision said:
That’s not a respectful comment. I’m indignant on behalf of @DejaWiz.

@DejaWiz and @Kim N are our top experts here, and you’ve been disrespectful to both of them. For someone who’s been a PSer since 2006, I’m surprised you’re not more informed about who’s giving you their incredible free insight

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why are you stirring the pot? Are you just trying to make folks angry?

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Why are you stirring the pot? Are you just trying to make folks angry?

No 'lovedogs'...the pot was stirred when I asked a legit question and was slammed...so now I'm asking new questions... No pot stirring at all...just trying to understand your overt defensiveness...and why you reply on behalf of others...

togal

Brilliant_Rock
....and my suggestion is a good one... Why not have an 'introductory' thread for 'experts'...so that we know who we're communicating with...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope is an anonymous forum. No one here gets paid for being here, and anyone is free to ask for/give advice.

There's no agreed upon "expert" designation. Over time, folks start to trust the people who are most knowledgeable. But as with anything, don't take a random strangers' advice without at least doing some due diligence to figure out if they're trustworthy or not.

So no, it's not a good suggestion. And you're just trying to start drama, which is irritating and pointless.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
But apparently, there are 'agreed upon experts'...at least in your world...

"@DejaWiz and @Kim N are our top experts here, and you’ve been disrespectful to both of them. For someone who’s been a PSer since 2006, I’m surprised you’re not more informed about who’s giving you their incredible free insight"

So....

Again, no pot stirring...just trying to make sense of it... :)

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Pricescope is an anonymous forum. No one here gets paid for being here, and anyone is free to ask for/give advice.

There's no agreed upon "expert" designation. Over time, folks start to trust the people who are most knowledgeable. But as with anything, don't take a random strangers' advice without at least doing some due diligence to figure out if they're trustworthy or not.

So no, it's not a good suggestion. And you're just trying to start drama, which is irritating and pointless.

Why is it 'irritating'? lol... Seriously... Why? Don't you ever question things? Are you the keeper of the gate...?

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Why is it 'irritating'? lol... Seriously... Why? Don't you ever question things? Are you the keeper of the gate...?

And that's not true... Many are profiting off of this forum... It's not here for free...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@0515vision gave their opinion. Take it or leave it. That's the explanation. I don't see how it's confusing. Figure out your own opinion and use your own judgment. And while doing that, don't be rude and accuse folks of being shills or being paid by PS.

Maybe rhe forum owners profit. But no one else does, at least not directly. Vendors may get more business when they are recommended (or less when folks complain about them).

You mostly seem confused and desperate for attention.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
@0515vision gave their opinion. Take it or leave it. That's the explanation. I don't see how it's confusing. Figure out your own opinion and use your own judgment. And while doing that, don't be rude and accuse folks of being shills or being paid by PS.

Maybe rhe forum owners profit. But no one else does, at least not directly. Vendors may get more business when they are recommended (or less when folks complain about them).

You mostly seem confused and desperate for attention.
lol...okay...I'll take a page from your book...and be sweet, polite...and demure... Enjoy your gate-keeping... ;-)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its up to the people who come here seeking help to invest their OWN time getting the lay of the land and figuring out whose opinion matters to them and whose doesn't by reading through older threads and educating themselves a little. It's honestly the least they can do in exchange for the free education so many people have offered here over the decades.

I have no interest in an "expert" designation. My post count and perusing some of my posts should be enough evidence for a good faith poster. If they choose not to heed my advice (at their peril lol :evil2:) that's not my problem.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Well, dreamer D.... I explained my thinking in an earlier post... I really don't like the 'atmosphere' here...and I have done a lot of my own research...and manage to always pick stones that the 'experts' like...so I guess I'm my own expert... I'm outta here... 10 year hiatus, apparently, wasn't enough for me... I just want sparkly, beautiful things... I made the 'shill' comment because I legit thought that people were being paid... The indignation is almost laughable, in our current day world... I'm just gonna be on my merry way and keep off this forum... I'm sure no one will miss me...

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So...since "0515vision is indignant...my question is:

How did both 'DegaWiz' and 'KimN' rate the designation, according to '0515vision', of 'top experts'... I'm thinking, if it doesn't already exist, that an 'expert introduction' thread should be initiated, so that we know who the 'experts' are...and their designations...and have an informed knowledge of why they are deemed to be experts, so that the choices that we make, based on their opinions...and 'incredible free insight', have merit/value for the 'average' PriceScope member.

0515vision said:
That’s not a respectful comment. I’m indignant on behalf of @DejaWiz.

@DejaWiz and @Kim N are our top experts here, and you’ve been disrespectful to both of them. For someone who’s been a PSer since 2006, I’m surprised you’re not more informed about who’s giving you their incredible free insight

I don't claim to be an expert and I'm certainly not a pro. I'm a diamond enthusiast and cut geek. I do what I can within my current scope of knowledge while doing my best to learn more every day from the actual pros/trade that are here sharing their experiences, knowledge, and taking the time to teach us all.
If I have offended you in any manner, then I sincerely apologize and, at your request, I will humbly refrain from engaging with you in your threads.
Take care and best wishes.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
I don't claim to be an expert and I'm certainly not a pro. I'm a diamond enthusiast and cut geek. I do what I can within my current scope of knowledge while doing my best to learn more every day from the actual pros/trade that are here sharing their experiences, knowledge, and taking the time to teach us all.
If I have offended you in any manner, then I sincerely apologize and, at your request, I will humbly refrain from engaging with you in your threads.
Take care and best wishes.

I actually didn't indicate that you offended me... Apparently, according to your posse...it was ME that offended YOU...lol... Who knew there was a mob mentality on a diamond forum... Am just lookin' for sparklies... As mentioned, I was thrown by your innate knowledge of inventory, that, evidently, has no cash reward at the end of it for you... This feels like a Seinfeld episode, somehow... "who doesn't want to wear the ribbon?...".... I don't think I jive here... Anyway...thanks for your help... :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure how much time you spend on the internet these days, but you have a bunch of people telling you that your posts are coming off pretty rude. You can leave, like you keep saying you will do. Or you can reconsider how you are interacting with people. Up to you! But you are making a LOT of fuss over one poster calling you out. Which is small potatoes compared to the absolute flame wars that used to erupt on PS back in 2006-2007 when we both joined. A simple sorry or even just ignoring the poster who got your goat and this would all blow over. But how you are handling the situation right now is not a great look.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure how much time you spend on the internet these days, but you have a bunch of people telling you that your posts are coming off pretty rude. You can leave, like you keep saying you will do. Or you can reconsider how you are interacting with people. Up to you! But you are making a LOT of fuss over one poster calling you out. Which is small potatoes compared to the absolute flame wars that used to erupt on PS back in 2006-2007 when we both joined. A simple sorry or even just ignoring the poster who got your goat and this would all blow over. But how you are handling the situation right now is not a great look.

I did apologize...at length... Was very contrite and respectful (in a different thread). And you are right, Dreamer_D.... I don't spend much time on the internet on interactive forums...and virtually none on this forum, save for a few posts lately, as I'm in the market to purchase some lab stones. My personality isn't suited for this, and i deeply apologize to all and sundry whom I may have offended...miffed, or amused... Be well.

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
No 'lovedogs'...the pot was stirred when I asked a legit question and was slammed...so now I'm asking new questions... No pot stirring at all...just trying to understand your overt defensiveness...and why you reply on behalf of others...

I think most of us here feel protective of the members of this community and the community as a whole.

The community is smaller than you may realize.

Members build relationships with one another and often acquire considerable expertise through study over the course of years.

There is also some rather remarkable generosity, integrity and a genuine desire to support one another.

I understand how such things might raise suspicion, as it is perhaps uncommon in today’s world.

It is therefore also something people feel protective over.

Please respect these relationships, even if you don’t fully comprehend them.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
I think most of us here feel protective of the members of this community and the community as a whole.

The community is smaller than you may realize.

Members build relationships with one another and often acquire considerable expertise through study over the course of years.

There is also some rather remarkable generosity, integrity and a genuine desire to support one another.

I understand how such things might raise suspicion, as it is perhaps uncommon in today’s world.

It is therefore also something people feel protective over.

Please respect these relationships, even if you don’t fully comprehend them.

I do respect it... This is way overblown... Again, if DejaWiz had just been allowed to answer my question, none of this would have erupted...and I was being light-hearted. The End.

togal

Brilliant_Rock

And to be fair, read your post to me... "Up to you!" ...with an exclamation mark...lol... Bully mentality. You might want to rethink your responses. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results