shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie: diamond studs earrings 2ctw?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammy421

Rough_Rock
i am looking at getting 2ctw diamond studs for myself i am a man. I know nothing about diamonds. Is my best best to go with the ACA series at whiteflash, if i want the best diamond possible. Some of the blue signature ideal stones are cheaper but from what i am reading you never know what you really are going to get when you order from bluenile. Also since i am man what would be the best setting to get 3 or 4 prong?

Date: 11/28/2008 11:29:56 AM
Author:sammy421
i am looking at getting 2ctw diamond studs for myself i am a man. I know nothing about diamonds. Is my best best to go with the ACA series at whiteflash, if i want the best diamond possible. Some of the blue signature ideal stones are cheaper but from what i am reading you never know what you really are going to get when you order from bluenile. Also since i am man what would be the best setting to get 3 or 4 prong?
Welcome Sammy!

You could certainly consider ACA's for earrings, or see what Whiteflash recommend for you. Even with earrings cut quality is so important for sparkle! BN are a good vendor but in some cases do not have the diamonds in house, and they don't provide crucial info such as Idealscope, ASET and detailed photos to aid your decision. WF and some of the other vendors also have upgrade polices should that ever be a consideration with some of their diamonds. Do you know what your colour and clarity preferences are?

As to the prongs, get whichever you prefer, or see what WF recommend for 1 ct each studs, personally I would go with 4 prongs but see what they suggest.

WF''s ACA studs will be stunning. I would go with 4 prongs as I think the 3 prongs are more feminine.

my color requirements are f-h with clarity between vs1 and vs2. I know whiteflash gives you all that info but for a newbie like me it doesn''t mean much since i can''t understand it. Just trying to get diamonds that will shine the most light. I see some whiteflash diamonds have something called light performance. With light performance is the lower the number the better. I see some of their diamonds have 0 for light prefromace.

Date: 11/28/2008 1:40:36 PM
Author: sammy421
my color requirements are f-h with clarity between vs1 and vs2. I know whiteflash gives you all that info but for a newbie like me it doesn''t mean much since i can''t understand it. Just trying to get diamonds that will shine the most light. I see some whiteflash diamonds have something called light performance. With light performance is the lower the number the better. I see some of their diamonds have 0 for light prefromace.

O is good. Honestly, just stick with the ACA diamonds, they are all controlled VERY tightly and will all be a "0" for light performance. Or even better, just call WF and ask them to pick two stones for you. They are very honest and helpful and would be happy to pick a pair for your approval.

Date: 11/28/2008 1:40:36 PM
Author: sammy421
It is cut quality which gives a diamond its beauty, colour and clarity can be subject to personal preference and budget etc. The 0 for light performance you mention is for diamonds which are graded by AGS and have 0 for cut grade, or AGS0. You can find AGS0 cut grade as branded hearts and arrows diamonds ( ACA''s) or some other non branded stones can have the AGS0 cut grade also. Such diamonds are considered to have excellent light return and optical performance. You could find that some other well cut diamonds ( as advised by WF) or whichever vendor you decide to use can be a great choice for earrings, but it depends on what you value the most. You could consider even lowering the clarity of your chosen diamonds if you wish, some SI clarities can be eyeclean and an excellent choice for earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP