shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie --Need help, is this diamond cut well ( All specs included in Post)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike0983

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am new to pricescope and used this website to read up about my diamond education. After a few weeks of looking around and haggling, I think I''ve found the right diamond. My main concern was Cut and Color. I''ve decided on the SI1 ( eyeclean), because the price jump to the VS2 would have resulted in my comprising on either the cut or color. Unfortunately, I don''t have the price of the stone without the setting ( forgot to write that info down), however I do have the prices with the stone in the setting. I think the loose stone was 5,600 - 5,800, I know I am giving the exact price for the diamond, but hopefully this is enough for an assesment.

Please let me know your thoughts on the cut of the below stone and if I am paying a good Price.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

GIA Certified

14K Setting
0.24 Carats in the band
Total Price - $6,150

Platinum Setting
0.24 Carats in the band
Total Price = $6,500

Round Brilliant
Measurements - 6.69 - 6.73 x 4.13mm
Carat Weight - 1.13
Color - F
Clarity - SI1
Cut Grade - Excellent

Proportions
Debth - 61.5%
Table - 55%
Crown Angle - 34.5 degrees
Crown Height - 15.5%
Pavilion Angle - 40.8 degrees
Pavilion Debth - 43%
Star Length - 55%
Lower Half - 75%
Girdle - Thin to Medium, Faceted
Cutlet - None

Finish
Polish - Excelent
Symmetry - Excelent
Flourescence - None

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cut and price looks good to me.

mike0983

Rough_Rock
Thanks, now i just need to decide on 14K, 18K or platinum.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mike,

That looks to be an excellently cut diamond and a great choice! Do check that it is eyeclean to your standards by asking the vendor, or if you can see the diamond in person by looking it over carefully.

mike0983

Rough_Rock
Lorelei,

The diamond is eyeclean from my standards. The inclusions are feathers and a couple of clouds, none which can be seen from above. I can only see the inclusions without the aid of the loop when the diamond is face down ( but the setting will be hiding this
emwink.gif
)

Regards,

Mike

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 8:41:16 AM
Author: mike0983
Lorelei,

The diamond is eyeclean from my standards. The inclusions are feathers and a couple of clouds, none which can be seen from above. I can only see the inclusions without the aid of the loop when the diamond is face down ( but the setting will be hiding this
emwink.gif
)

Regards,

Mike
Hi Mike!

That sounds great as you have seen it in person also! Pics when you get it please of the finished ring?
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 8:41:16 AM
Author: mike0983
Lorelei,

emwink.gif
)

Regards,

Mike

You should be good to go then Mike! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results