shape
carat
color
clarity

NY Jeweler for Custom Setting?

If you need help making the setting, let me know. This is a basic style that should be made by hand. A casting won't work with a mounting this delicate.

What is your budget? I should be able to give you an idea of what quality to expect based on the budget.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to do the ring in 18k yg with just the bezel in platinum. I'm hoping to keep the cost at/under $1500. Does that seem reasonable?

Budget is tight. Try ID Jewelry.

What do you think would be a more appropriate budget?

I think to do a proper job you need to spend around $1800-2000 make it by hand in platinum. 18K yellow is not going to to hold up well overtime with a ring this delicate. A casting you can forget about in 18K yellow.

You are close at $1500, just save that extra few hundred and have a heirloom quality piece.

If you like the 18K yellow gold look, you can always wear an nice thin band next to the engagement. This will have some nice contrast and you won't have to worry about durability.

I should have also mentioned - I want to eliminate the side stones and the engraving at the bottom of the gallery.

What is custom about it other than the mix metals? Because you shluld be able to do that with a regular setting.if you ask

nielseel|1360871795|3380139 said:
What is custom about it other than the mix metals? Because you shluld be able to do that with a regular setting.if you ask

Could you recommend a place that might stock a similar setting? James Meyer is the only one I've seen that I like, but he won't set customers' stones.

Omitting the diamonds should help. I would say you would be closer to $1600-1800.

k_darling said:
nielseel|1360871795|3380139 said:

Could you recommend a place that might stock a similar setting? James Meyer is the only one I've seen that I like, but he won't set customers' stones.

It most likely won't be a mounting you can find already made up. The bezel and under bezel area are shaped the same as the center stone. Both of these areas would have be cut from sheet to dimensions of your stone.

i do love that sholdt one if you are going for "modern"

if you arent i would for sure contact Engagment rings direct, just see what the price might be. Here is one they did for someone here and it is just amazingly fabulous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gvik2dibtg
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-7c-cushion-in-rose-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-7c-cushion-in-rose-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/[/URL]

Yes, this has to be custom made for your stone. In NYC, I'd probably go with Steven Kirsch for a hand forged setting. The one from ERD is pretty, too. I agree with the all platinum suggestion.

I agree it has to be made for your stone but i dont think you have to go custom. My bezel was bought by ritani and sure it was made to fit my stone but it wasnt a custom job. Also i dont see a reason it has to be platinum. Though i think it would be fine in all gold like that ring from edr

That kind of bezel would definitely have to be custom made to fit her stone.

nielseel said:
I agree it has to be made for your stone but i dont think you have to go custom. My bezel was bought by ritani and sure it was made to fit my stone but it wasnt a custom job. Also i dont see a reason it has to be platinum. Though i think it would be fine in all gold like that ring from edr

The ring image supplied by k_darling is a very light mounting. 18K yellow gold would get distorted overtime. Platinum would hold up to daily wear.

An existing cast design that is similar in weight and design to k_darlings image would not hold up in platinum or gold. A heavier design would hold up okay. If k_darling would like to recreate the ring from her photo there is really no option other than handmade. Her stone will fit nicely and she will have a piece that will last for many years.

Her budget is $1500. If she can save a few extra bucks and spend $1600-1800 and get a handmade ring, I would this is the best option.

nielseel|1360873540|3380166 said:
i do love that sholdt one if you are going for "modern"

if you arent i would for sure contact Engagment rings direct, just see what the price might be. Here is one they did for someone here and it is just amazingly fabulous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gvik2dibtg
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-7c-cushion-in-rose-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-7c-cushion-in-rose-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/[/URL]

Thanks! I like this setting quite a bit. I'm going to give them a call.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I put calls in to Leon and ERD. I'm perfectly happy to spend another $300-$500 if it means having the ring be really well made.

I am set on having the ring in yellow gold - I really never wear platinum/white gold and I'd like the ring to match my wedding band. I'll see what Leon/ERD can do to make sure that the setting will last.

k_darling|1360876437|3380229 said:
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I put calls in to Leon and ERD. I'm perfectly happy to spend another $300-$500 if it means having the ring be really well made.

I am set on having the ring in yellow gold - I really never wear platinum/white gold and I'd like the ring to match my wedding band. I'll see what Leon/ERD can do to make sure that the setting will last.

unfortunate i think that LM is going to be more than that, but ERD is a lot more budget friendly, though, so thats good! I love yellow gold and rose gold, my ring is in white gold and I honestly hate the color, very sad about it :roll: So stay with yellow gold, if ERD could make that ring in Rose gold Im sure they could in yellow gold too.. I actually think it would look really pretty with the whole thing in yellow gold, verses mixed metal. I love the millgraining and the undercarriage on that ERD one. Hopefully they can do it for around your budget.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP