shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC Brain Teaser ... anyone in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well just as I was all set to ZING, um, I ZAGGED. After some experimentation, I''ve sort of abandoned my quest for the rose gold Cartier Inde Mysterieuse-inspired four stone earrings and embarked on a new earring adventure: .65-.68 tcw OEC milgrained bezel studs.

Here''s the teaser:

Do you think stone #1 and stone #3 are a good enough match for my studs. I was originally going to go with #1 & #2 but the middle stone has a tiny, tiny girdle chip, which might not be a huge problem for bezel studs - its not "mind clean" for me. And in person #1 & #3 are both a tiny bit lighter & sparklier - with #2 being a bit moody about its boo-boo.

Hope these pictures are clear enough for you guys to form a hip-pocket judgment. I only have prof. photos of #1 & #2 (and of those two together). Mine are a bit more, um, blurry? Oh well ... here goes.

decothreerose.jpg

Another

Oops -- THIS is another

decoallthree.jpg

And this one I just thought was cool ... can''t tell much from it though.
1.gif

decoghostlycrownheight.jpg

I *think* this one shows the boo boo. It was hard for me to figure out which was which at first as I don''t have a loupe.

decobooboo.jpg

Here''s the vendor photo of my fave stone. This is the one I''m trying to "match". And the one I think is #1.

Uploading is not going well for me today
5.gif

decooecfave.jpg

My blurry shot of what I think is #1.

decoblurryno1.jpg

My blurry shot of what I think is #3. **headscratching**

decoblurrynothree.jpg

Im confusicated.
Which is what?

Since you are seeing them in person you are the best one to judge if they match.

Date: 9/14/2009 1:57:05 PM
Author: strmrdr
Im confusicated. Which is what?
Since you are seeing them in person you are the best one to judge if they match.
Heh .. me too! That's why I was callin' for back up. But you're right ... in person #1 & #3 do seem to be a good match - even if one might be a teensy tiny bit bigger. I doubt that'll matter once they're bezeled and on opposite sides of my giant H.E.A.D.

Thanks for the reply!
1.gif

Date: 9/14/2009 2:06:37 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 9/14/2009 1:57:05 PM

Im confusicated. Which is what?

Heh .. me too! That''s why I was callin'' for back up. But you''re right ... in person #1 & #3 do seem to be a good match - even if one might be a teensy tiny bit bigger. I doubt that''ll matter once they''re bezeled and on opposite sides of my giant H.E.A.D.

Thanks for the reply!
1.gif
Put the larger one on the bigger ear then they will match even better.
What is the MM difference in the diamonds?

Date: 9/14/2009 2:11:21 PM
Put the larger one on the bigger ear then they will match even better.
What is the MM difference in the diamonds?
LOL! I put the "final two" contenders together & took a couple more shots.
One is a .34 H (4.44 x 4.39 x 2.79)
Other is a .31 H (4.35 ish) -- this one was a last minute replacement, not all deets in about it yet.

The one with a boo-boo was a .34 I (4.33 x 4.39 x 2.79)

decocolorfulduo.jpg

And more blur ... gah my photog skillzzzz.

decoblurryduo.jpg

I do notice rings but not earrings so much but it just happens that yesterday I was talking to someone and noticed their earrings and what I noticed was that it was not easy to see detail on them and they probably could have been different colors or shapes and I''d never know if it was studs.

You''re right the chip would never show in a million years or be an issue of becoming more damaged in a bezel on your ear but I totally get the mind clean thing.
So yes, I think the other two will be a perfectly fine match - no one will ever be able to see any differences at all unless you take them out and have them side by side and again no one will see any difference more than you yourself will. So if 1 & 3 are mindclean for you then there you go!

Date: 9/14/2009 3:44:12 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I do notice rings but not earrings so much but it just happens that yesterday I was talking to someone and noticed their earrings and what I noticed was that it was not easy to see detail on them and they probably could have been different colors or shapes and I''d never know if it was studs.

You''re right the chip would never show in a million years or be an issue of becoming more damaged in a bezel on your ear but I totally get the mind clean thing.

So yes, I think the other two will be a perfectly fine match - no one will ever be able to see any differences at all unless you take them out and have them side by side and again no one will see any difference more than you yourself will. So if 1 & 3 are mindclean for you then there you go!
Thanks Cehra! They are soooo tiny in person. I''m not sure if it would be obvious to anyone but myself that they''re not modern RBs. I can see the chunky fire & pastel-iciousness. So I guess that''s what counts? Or in earrings - is that NOT what counts. Hmmmm.

BTW -- Its a tough room around here today ... lol ... or a sleepy one ... or this is a boring question. Maybe I''ll start a poll on THAT topic next.
31.gif

Deco- to me they (1 and 3) looks well matched. They are beautiful!

Date: 9/14/2009 5:53:50 PM
Author: D&T
Thanks D&T! I was soooo excited to order them last week ... then momentarily thrown with the chip issue ... then happy again when they arrived this a.m. I''m not getting much work done today with my eyes pressed up against the little container all the time, playing spot the teensy flaw. Is that it? No? Is that it? Any twenty year olds available to come over with pre-middle-aged eyes?
3.gif

Date: 9/14/2009 6:01:38 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 9/14/2009 5:53:50 PM
Author: D&T
Thanks D&T! I was soooo excited to order them last week ... then momentarily thrown with the chip issue ... then happy again when they arrived this a.m. I''m not getting much work done today with my eyes pressed up against the little container all the time, playing spot the teensy flaw. Is that it? No? Is that it? Any twenty year olds available to come over with pre-middle-aged eyes?
3.gif
lol... I know what you mean, when I get a jewelry package sent to my office... well I could kiss my day goodbye- too distracted
3.gif

The last photo, even though blurry, shows the right amount of matchiness to go along with the pastel-iciousness. Those are both highly technical gemological terms, I believe. So I vote #1 and #3. Let the mind dirty aspect of #2 haunt someone else.

Yep, that last photo closed the deal for me. They are definitly close enough to make a nice pair of earrings.

Cant wait to see them bezeled!

Date: 9/14/2009 6:21:50 PM
Author: rainwood
The last photo, even though blurry, shows the right amount of matchiness to go along with the pastel-iciousness. Those are both highly technical gemological terms, I believe. So I vote #1 and #3. Let the mind dirty aspect of #2 haunt someone else.
LOL! Another vote for "good ''nuf" ... yay! Thanks for your reply! And the laugh!

Absolute ditto - couldn''t have said it better myself! I think they will make a lovely pair of earbobs!

Oh yeah, babeeeee! I think that they would *match* deliciously, and I wouldn''t think TWICE about it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Beautiful diamonds!

Date: 9/14/2009 7:13:00 PM
Author: tyty333
Yep, that last photo closed the deal for me. They are definitly close enough to make a nice pair of earrings. Cant wait to see them bezeled!
Whew ... I''ve been working up a sweat trying to de-blur w/o much luck. I''m terrified to lose these little babies down a crack in our old house wood floor. Thanks for your response!

Date: 9/14/2009 7:37:54 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Absolute ditto - couldn''t have said it better myself! I think they will make a lovely pair of earbobs!
Thanks MissGotRocks! Is that a new bezet band I spy in yr. avatar? Yum!

Date: 9/14/2009 7:38:00 PM
Author: Lynn B
Oh yeah, babeeeee! I think that they would *match* deliciously, and I wouldn''t think TWICE about it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Beautiful diamonds!
Thanks Lynn! I''m pretty sweet on them already ....
3.gif
I''m even fond of the be-boo-boo''d one. Pendant? Heh! NOT REALLY. One project at a time.

I like them, I think they're a great match. Similar size tables, nice high crowns, and they look like the patterns are a decent match too. A smidge difference in size wouldn't bug me at all for earrings. Personally I think the bezel OEC earring is a more versatile/classic one than the original plan, but then, I'm totally biased! (If I had less bushy hair perpetually hiding my ears, I'd be pining for a pair of bezel/millgrained OECs myself. Love the idea!)

Date: 9/14/2009 10:36:11 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
I like them, I think they''re a great match. Similar size tables, nice high crowns, and they look like the patterns are a decent match too. A smidge difference in size wouldn''t bug me at all for earrings. Personally I think the bezel OEC earring is a more versatile/classic one than the original plan, but then, I''m totally biased! (If I had less bushy hair perpetually hiding my ears, I''d be pining for a pair of bezel/millgrained OECs myself. Love the idea!)
Thanks LittleGreyKitten. These wee ones have nothing on your big mama! Re: hair -- bushy or not I''m gonna have to be more diligent about de-graying my temple area soon I suspect.
31.gif

Here''s the type of bezel I''d really love ... milgrained insides only ... but I hope it would work on baby-sized stone too. The inspiration is dear Widget''s WHOPPERS.
18.gif
I''ve been
30.gif
-ing them since 2007.
5.gif

decodreamearringsetting.jpg

Those settings are beautiful! the flowery like petals on the profile- yummy! and really nice touch with the milgrain too. where is it from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP