shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC eval- GCAL attached. What do we think?

CountryRoads

Rough_Rock
Alright, folks. So finding a smaller sized 1-1.25 ct OEC was a little tough. Alex Parks was preferred, but everything was either too big, sold too fast, and overall seemed like it may be a battle to get my hands on one (especially with Loupe Troop down to see if anything was floating around out there)
I thought about doing Ouros because reviews seemed mixed, so I kept poking around the web and stumbled on this one off of Loose Grown Diamonds.
It’s a 1.22 E. with a GCAL report.
I wish the crown was a little higher but table seems ok.
It’s lighter than I prefer (most of my stones are low color spectrum) and anticipating some darkness in the center but overall it may be alright. It doesn’t tick all the boxes, but I figure it ticked enough vs. flying blind with who knows what you end up with, ya know?

Searching the cert number on the web came back as a previously listed RB on Adiamor before, so perhaps a recut? IDK how that worked out because the report itself is clearly OEC. But I guess we’ll see. What do you guys think?
If I keep her, I think she’s going to end up in a David Klass custom. I’m leaning towards a Fay Cullen vintage style (‘member them?)
Anyway- here she is with GCAL, 360 and scopes attached. Thoughts?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pendant earring or tiara yes..ring no
Its going to look overly dark at anything less than full arms length and maybe then.

CountryRoads

Rough_Rock
Pendant earring or tiara yes..ring no
Its going to look overly dark at anything less than full arms length and maybe then.

Oooh, a pendant could be lovely.
Worst case, their return policy seems pretty easy, and maybe I get lucky with an Alex Parks cut.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh, a pendant could be lovely.
Worst case, their return policy seems pretty easy, and maybe I get lucky with an Alex Parks cut.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy an OEC (or frankly anything else) from Ouros! I'm in the midst of a nightmare trying to get a decently-cut one from him, and his current policy now is that there are no returns, refunds, or exchanges on stones AT ALL once you place the order. Don't trust the pictures of lovely stones on his website; that's NOT what you get when you order.

If you want to know the details, I have a thread on it: http://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-feedback-on-oec-please.283842/

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Might be worth seeing in person given how hard these little puppies are to find.

Myself I'd be temped just to find a nice MRB with really far arrows.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
You don't mention budget, so have you asked Jon about his pricing at Distinctive gems?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go with Alex park, distinctive Gem, or call ID jewelry. All seem to have some OECs

CountryRoads

Rough_Rock
You don't mention budget, so have you asked Jon about his pricing at Distinctive gems?

Nah, no DG. Thought about it, but honestly at that price point for a lab I’d rather just go earth mined.

I shot them (loose grown) a message to evaluate it once they have it in hand. I’ll probably still check it out in person. It wasn’t a bad deal, about 750 with ship which was reasonable for a decent OEC since so many other vendors had such mixed reviews.

The good news is that while waiting on it, I also snagged a sweet little 1ct Alex Parks marquise, and already spoke to Ivy and Rose about a custom East/West bezel. That stone arrives tomorrow and I’m sure it’ll be phenomenal for a fun little bonus ring, so if the OEC doesn’t work out I’m still up a ring and worst case, it does and then I’m up TWO rings… which certainly isn’t bad at all. Lol

CountryRoads

Rough_Rock
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy an OEC (or frankly anything else) from Ouros! I'm in the midst of a nightmare trying to get a decently-cut one from him, and his current policy now is that there are no returns, refunds, or exchanges on stones AT ALL once you place the order. Don't trust the pictures of lovely stones on his website; that's NOT what you get when you order.

If you want to know the details, I have a thread on it: http://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-feedback-on-oec-please.283842/

Yikes, that’s definitely super shady. I’m so sorry. I’d looked into them last year when I was wanting an OEC 3 stone and he was one of the only I’d seen that did labs, but something held me back and I ended up finding a perfect victorian EM’d one on Ruby Lane that I went with instead.
Glad now that I hadn’t, seeing what you’ve been put through. Thats awful.

CountryRoads

Rough_Rock
While waiting on the OEC from loose grown, the Alex Parks marquise came in, and it’s absolutely precious. Excuse my poor lighting, there’s no discoloration in the tips in person.

I thought it’d be delayed with the IT outage impacting FedEx deliveries today, but they came through.
I have an order in with Ivy & Rose to have it in a setting similar to this moval, but modified for the marquise. Should scratch my craving for something yellow gold that I’ve been having. It reminds me of the Frank Darling Golden Bathtub, which I love.

IMG_6221.jpeg IMG_6239.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results