shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok One more question for today lol Marquise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
I was in love with the round shape...and all the numbers and stats I was going to get were all in my head for awhile.....but today I tried on someone Marquise and.......

Well it makes my fingers look so long and slender. It looked bigger than the rounds I have tried on but I know they may not have the same amount of brillance (I also would have to start all over learning everyhting about the new shape now lol)

I read that you should see a Marquise stone (In real life) to buy it but I live in Ontario so that wouldn't happen (buying online)

With all this being said should I just stick to the round?

edit: I am pretty sure I don't like any other shape (well pear but more for other jewlery) so I am just trying to decide between these 2.

Date: 11/27/2008 4:35:48 PM
Author:Icce
I was in love with the round shape...and all the numbers and stats I was going to get were all in my head for awhile.....but today I tried on someone Marquise and.......

Well it makes my fingers look so long and slender. It looked bigger than the rounds I have tried on but I know they may not have the same amount of brillance (I also would have to start all over learning everyhting about the new shape now lol)

I read that you should see a Marquise stone (In real life) to buy it but I live in Ontario so that wouldn't happen (buying online)

With all this being said should I just stick to the round?
It depends on you but you can certainly buy a marquise online if you work with a vendor who has in house diamonds, who can also supply detailed photos and ASET and Idealscope images. You could begin with the vendors listed below, and here is a chart you can use as a guide, but don't disregard diamonds which don't quite match up to the suggested proportions if you like the diamond and have seen pics and other images of it.

www.whiteflash.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.engagementringsdirect.com

www.jamesallen.com

Ditto Lorelei - you need a trusted vendor who can guide you in your decision with in-house stones. You can't buy from a vendor that drop ships - which means they only have the numbers/paperwork etc and they call the stone in from where it's located and have it shipped to you without doing their own analysis/evaluation.

Check out the links Lorelei posted, then contact the vendors directly with your budget and requirements. You can always post their suggestions here for feedback if you wish.

Good luck in your search!

ETA - Wohoooo!!! 2000 Posts for Honey
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP