shape
carat
color
clarity

On a mission, PS experts help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
My sis turned 40 last week and for the last month she''s been toying with the idea of reseting her ering into a 3-stone (well side stones), she currently has a 0.5ct princess cut.

Now living in the UK, particularly in chilly Jocko land, there aren''t a lot of reasonably priced bespoke jewellers and I was shocked when the guy we went to see, of course I had to go with, wanted a packet to reset it and that was without the price of two side stones. So, to cut a long story short, I''ve essentially convinced her and my bil (shock horror) to upgrade. So I''m now on a mission to track down a beautiful 1ct (circa) princess cut set in a relatively high setting. I have no clue about the princess cut.........so a few things:

1). Is this the right time to purchase or should she wait til January? There''s no hurry.

2). Shipping and UK customs from Whiteflash or GOG - is it a breeze?

3). Need help on finding a beautiful princess cut for a good price - clueless on this cut, so help would be appreciated

4). Setting - white gold or platinum dependent again on price

please help

po
x

Date: 11/28/2008 1:59:42 AM
Author:Po10472
My sis turned 40 last week and for the last month she''s been toying with the idea of reseting her ering into a 3-stone (well side stones), she currently has a 0.5ct princess cut.

Now living in the UK, particularly in chilly Jocko land, there aren''t a lot of reasonably priced bespoke jewellers and I was shocked when the guy we went to see, of course I had to go with, wanted a packet to reset it and that was without the price of two side stones. So, to cut a long story short, I''ve essentially convinced her and my bil (shock horror) to upgrade. So I''m now on a mission to track down a beautiful 1ct (circa) princess cut set in a relatively high setting. I have no clue about the princess cut.........so a few things:

1). Is this the right time to purchase or should she wait til January? There''s no hurry.

I say the right time to buy is when you find the right stone in budget

2). Shipping and UK customs from Whiteflash or GOG - is it a breeze?

Some UK PS''sers would be able to fill you in on this

3). Need help on finding a beautiful princess cut for a good price - clueless on this cut, so help would be appreciated

We can help you there if you give us an idea of budget, prefs etc :)

4). Setting - white gold or platinum dependent again on price
\
I think platinum took a major tumble lately so it is not that much more then white gold

please help

po

x

^^ditto to what Deelight said about everything

Ditto thritto Dezza and Breann, I think the duties are 17.5% vat and 2.5% import duty Po.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP