shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond for ring

rainman132

Rough_Rock
Hello,
First time buying a diamond. Ive been reading and researching lots of stuff and has come across the HCA. Ive screened my preferred diamonds and now on the stage deciding if this certain diamond is a good buy in terms of aset/aset image. Im still confused how to interpret it. Sometimes they all look different as well so im trying to get a second opinion. To me this diamonds ASET and ideascope of this certain diamond is good but please do let me know what you think.

Thankyou
Screenshot_20240715_154349_Samsung Notes.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240715_154320_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240715_154320_Samsung Notes.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 20

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post links to GIA report and videos of the diamond please.

jjca

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
First time buying a diamond. Ive been reading and researching lots of stuff and has come across the HCA. Ive screened my preferred diamonds and now on the stage deciding if this certain diamond is a good buy in terms of aset/aset image. Im still confused how to interpret it. Sometimes they all look different as well so im trying to get a second opinion. To me this diamonds ASET and ideascope of this certain diamond is good but please do let me know what you think.

Thankyou

If you’re looking for a super ideal/H&A - this one doesn’t meet the criteria. If that’s not a deal breaker, then you’ll need to post images, numbers, and video so the wonderful experts here can help out.

I just received my first H&A stones and I can’t even tell you the difference the symmetry makes. I’ve never seen a ring IRL that sparkles as much.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a huge fan of this. I think you can find better. What's your budget and preferred size/color/clarity?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
You don’t want these triangles I’ve traced in yellow. They are indicators of pavilion twist. List your parameters, and PSers can find a better stone for you.

IMG_9622.jpeg

rainman132

Rough_Rock
Not a huge fan of this. I think you can find better. What's your budget and preferred size/color/clarity?

Budget is 10-13k aud size 1 carat, size E, VVS1 above. Just for my knowledge, what redflags fid you observe?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you willing to buy from the U.S. online? Or only locally? And do you require E, VVS1 or higher for cultural reasons? If not, that could be loosened up a bit and still provide a beautiful stone.

rainman132

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Thankyou

Gia - 1236206868

The only video I have is fro. This website and nothing else - https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1.02-ct-E-FL-Affinity-Cut-Round-Diamond/D58943632

Thanks for all the feedback. If anyone thinks there is a better ring please let me know and I should consider.
My budget is around 10-13k
Size -1 carat
Color- E
Clarity - VVS1 above

Screenshot_20240716_093332_Samsung Notes.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a reason for such high clarity? In a 1ct size you won't see the difference between VVS1 and VS2. Similarly, most folks think G and above is very white, so unless your fiance is color sensitive it should be fine to drop color

rainman132

Rough_Rock
Is there a reason for such high clarity? In a 1ct size you won't see the difference between VVS1 and VS2. Similarly, most folks think G and above is very white, so unless your fiance is color sensitive it should be fine to drop color

My partners preference. She said she can notice the differences in color.

rainman132

Rough_Rock
Are you willing to buy from the U.S. online? Or only locally? And do you require E, VVS1 or higher for cultural reasons? If not, that could be loosened up a bit and still provide a beautiful stone.

Yes. Im willing to buy from US. Also my jeweler here can get it in for me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
13k aud is 8.77k USD (according to the conversion thing I just used). If you want the best possible cut, I'd go with one of the super ideal vendors.

Whiteflash ships to AUS (although I don't know cost).

Options below budget just in case shipping is expensive:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vs2 from whiteflash will be eye clean in this size, so there really isn't any reason to pay more for VVS

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You don’t want these triangles I’ve traced in yellow. They are indicators of pavilion twist. List your parameters, and PSers can find a better stone for you.

IMG_9622.jpeg

Side note here:
They are the result of the pavilion angle lowers combination.
Perfectly normal for some combinations.
The stone is certainly not PS super ideal quality but frankly the imaging itself is bad and contradictory.
Since we have to roll with the data we can get the conclusion to move on is however correct.

rainman132

Rough_Rock
Side note here:
They are the result of the pavilion angle lowers combination.
Perfectly normal for some combinations.
The stone is certainly not PS super ideal quality but frankly the imaging itself is bad and contradictory.
Since we have to roll with the data we can get the conclusion to move on is however correct.

How does pavilion twist affect the light performance?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
How does pavilion twist affect the light performance?

Experts will give you a more detailed answer, but basically you don’t get light return back to the viewer’s eye. That’s why those areas look dark.

Also your original pick doesn’t have edge to edge brightness. And to my eye, it goes dark under the table with slight tilting. You want a stone that is bright.

@lovedogs gave some great recommendations. See how bright all those stones are in the en face view. Hope that helps.

rainman132

Rough_Rock
13k aud is 8.77k USD (according to the conversion thing I just used). If you want the best possible cut, I'd go with one of the super ideal vendors.

Whiteflash ships to AUS (although I don't know cost).

Options below budget just in case shipping is expensive:

Thanks for the recommendations and I really appreciate it however my partner wouldn't give up on getting a VVS1 and above. Hahaha. I tried to convince her that cut is probably the most important but I guess its her ring and shes the one whos gonna wear it/

I think we will just settle for a non superideal H&A and ASET to accomodate her preferences given the budget. I found another diamond that looks good but what do you think about this one? Is it better than the first one in you opinion?

The ASET looks like a different style thats why I wasnt sure if the white spaces are actually leakages or just the technique/setup of taking this ASET is different.
4.jpg

rainman132

Rough_Rock
Experts will give you a more detailed answer, but basically you don’t get light return back to the viewer’s eye. That’s why those areas look dark.

Also your original pick doesn’t have edge to edge brightness. And to my eye, it goes dark under the table with slight tilting. You want a stone that is bright.

@lovedogs gave some great recommendations. See how bright all those stones are in the en face view. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the explanation

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Have the two of you gone to store ands send VVS2s and VS2s? The concept of eyeclean might change her mind?

To me, that new ASET looks better than the new stone, but this is where the experts will have to chime in. I can’t explain why the ASET seems good but the real life images seems to show twist.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have the two of you gone to store ands send VVS2s and VS2s? The concept of eyeclean might change her mind?

To me, that new ASET looks better than the new stone, but this is where the experts will have to chime in. I can’t explain why the ASET seems good but the real life images seems to show twist.

I agree. I don't understand sacrificing cut for something invisible

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the recommendations and I really appreciate it however my partner wouldn't give up on getting a VVS1 and above. Hahaha. I tried to convince her that cut is probably the most important but I guess its her ring and shes the one whos gonna wear it/

I think we will just settle for a non superideal H&A and ASET to accomodate her preferences given the budget. I found another diamond that looks good but what do you think about this one? Is it better than the first one in you opinion?

The ASET looks like a different style thats why I wasnt sure if the white spaces are actually leakages or just the technique/setup of taking this ASET is different.
4.jpg

Much better than the other choice. Not super ideal but not problematic to my eye.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I don't understand sacrificing cut for something invisible

Me neither. If she saw a VVS1 next to a VS1 she probably wouldn't see a difference. But she would probably notice a difference in cut between a super ideal and not ideal . But he's right. She has to wear it. And he's being very accommodating.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results