shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on this D-SI2 please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lewis25

Rough_Rock
Hi all, We are considering this D-SI2 (hopefully cert is attached if I did this correctly) but would like to hear thoughts from experienced others about the particular flaws shown on this cert. We want to stay high in color because I can see color differences and prefer the D/E range. The SI2 part I''m less sure about. Do these flaws look less likely to be problematic because of their location? Or do the feathers look large and worrisome? I am told that this is an eye clean stone, and that all inclusions are white, and that it''s returnable if I''m not satisfied... but I''d rather not go through that if it would be a waste of time. Please let me know if you have some thoughts. Thanks very much.

GIA1106253018_zoom.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
41.4 pavilion is pretty deep. It's a risky combination.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 1:02:19 AM
Author: JulieN
41.4 pavilion is pretty deep. It's a risky combination.
I would ask for an Idealscope image, that would help. As to the feathers the best way to find out is to ask the vendor if they might pose a problem, unlikely but best to check as we can't predict as consumers looking at a report really.

lewis25

Rough_Rock
thanks -- but now I''m more confused... ugh. I though if GIA graded it excellent, I''d be in good shape. I guess that is not necessarily true?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 9:10:16 AM
Author: lewis25
thanks -- but now I''m more confused... ugh. I though if GIA graded it excellent, I''d be in good shape. I guess that is not necessarily true?

Correct. GIA is very reliable for clarity and color, not so much for cut, their excellent range just has too much variation.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 9:11:26 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 12/6/2008 9:10:16 AM
Author: lewis25

Correct. GIA is very reliable for clarity and color, not so much for cut, their excellent range just has too much variation.
Ditto Neat. But please don''t worry, we are here to guide you through!
35.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thritto. I had a rather steep and deep GIA "triple excellent". If you want to trust a certification and not get too involved in all the pesky little numbers, stick with AGS-0 graded diamonds.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I am pickier than most on clarity, but I''d much rather have E or F color (still in the colorless range) and a higher clarity.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 10:14:58 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I guess I am pickier than most on clarity, but I''d much rather have E or F color (still in the colorless range) and a higher clarity.

I''d be the same.

lewis25

Rough_Rock
Makes sense. Thanks so much everyone -- we will continue shopping for the right stone! I''m glad I checked here first.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results