shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this Tsavorite Garnet

NotJuneCleaver

Rough_Rock
I would really appreciate some advice/opinions on this Tsavorite Garnet from Earth’s Treasury. I want this for a RHR in yellow gold.

Attachments

• IMG_0950.jpeg
    IMG_0950.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 35
I would really appreciate some advice/opinions on this Tsavorite Garnet from Earth’s Treasury. I want this for a RHR in yellow gold.

I'm a great fan of tsavorite. As a green stone, it's second only to emerald. And it has the advantage that it's less brittle, so I'm not afraid to wear it. An RHR in yellow gold is a great idea - I have three rings like that.

But I wouldn't buy that one at any price. It's too included. This spoils the saturation. A good tsavorite should be clean, flashy and well saturated. Keep looking.

But I wouldn't buy that one at any price. It's too included. This spoils the saturation. A good tsavorite should be clean, flashy and well saturated. Keep looking.

I agree, tsavorites should be more intensely coloured and clean. @dk168‘ ‘s is beautiful!
You might want to have a look at The Rare gemstone company. They have clean, beautifully cut stones. https://www.theraregemstonecompany.com/tsavorite

I'm a great fan of tsavorite. As a green stone, it's second only to emerald. And it has the advantage that it's less brittle, so I'm not afraid to wear it. An RHR in yellow gold is a great idea - I have three rings like that.

I appreciate your advice. I would love to see pics of your rings. Thank you.

**edited by moderator, this is not allowed**

It’s gorgeous but I am looking for an emerald cut stone. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate your advice. I would love to see pics of your rings. Thank you.

I'm a man, and I (usually) go for simple designs. So these designs may not suit you. But they show how well tsavorite goes with yellow gold (all 18K):
TsavRIngs.jpg
Note: the tail stones of the snake are tsavorites, the head is a Mali garnet.

The tsavorites look a bit brighter and more lively in real life than in the picture. I'd say that the pinky ring and the middle ring on ring finger are close to ideal tone, the right on ring finger is darker than ideal, the snake's tail lighter than ideal.

I'm a man, and I (usually) go for simple designs. So these designs may not suit you. But they show how well tsavorite goes with yellow gold (all 18K):
TsavRIngs.jpg
Note: the tail stones of the snake are tsavorites, the head is a Mali garnet.

The tsavorites look a bit brighter and more lively in real life than in the picture. I'd say that the pinky ring and the middle ring on ring finger are close to ideal tone, the right on ring finger is darker than ideal, the snake's tail lighter than ideal.
Good morning. They are all beautiful. The green with the yellow gold is perfect. The green on the pinky and middle finger are lovely. You have an amazing collection. Thank you for sharing.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics