shape
carat
color
clarity

Pancake's Antique Roadshow: OECs, OECs and an eternity band!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you may know (esp the Timeless Classics peeps), I have recently gone absolutely NUTSO for antique stones. You would think I was a squirrel storing nuts away for the winter! All of these pieces have been terrific bargains and I am really delighted with them.

I apologise in advance for the pieces being so dirty - we have just moved house and I haven't got myself organised with my jewellery cleaning stuff yet!

First up: one of the most perfectly cut OECs I have ever seen. Would say it's probably around a K in colour, 0.7ct, VS clarity, 5.6mm diameter. I have two 0.5ct (5mm) OECs which I plan to use with this one in a ?bezel 3 stone ring.

Pancake70ptOEC.jpg

Pancake70ptOEC2.jpg

Pancake70ptOEC3.jpg

Re: Pancake's Antique Roadshow: OECs, OECs and an eternity b

Next up: an old cluster ring - small stones appear to be tiny mine cuts and the centre looks to be a little over a half carat, OEC (looks cloudy in the photo but it is not - just dirty!). I got this for an absolute song!

I'm not yet sure what I'm going to do with it - I feel bad taking it apart but the style is just too dated for me. I am thinking I might use the smaller stones to make an eternity band of some sort, and then the centre in a pendant (?) - might get the latter recut first as it is not as bright as it could be, and there is plenty of depth to work with.

PancakeCluster.jpg

This is an old twin ring with 2 beautiful OECs in it - these little guys sparkle like mad! Around 30pts each, G/VS. Sorry for the smudges on the stones!

PancakeTwinOECRing.jpg

PancakeTwinOEC2.jpg

Wow, that first solitaire stone you have is gorgeous! I love all of your pieces, what a nice antique collection!

Lastly, here is my new/old eternity band - platinum, bead-set, G/VS full-cut stones. These are the only RBs in my collection and it is quite fun watching the very different sparkle they give off! Band is a size 4.75, 4mm width.

Thanks for looking! I've also recently acquired a few loose OECs in the 0.3-0.6ct range, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to photograph them :oops:

PancakeBeadSet.jpg

PancakeBeadset2.jpg

PancakeBeadset3.jpg

Holy OECs Pancake! I love all of your new pieces! I can't wait to see what you do with them...they are gorgeous!! :love:

Could the band be cut off the cluster ring to make the whole thing a pendant? I think that would be gorgeous.
Love all your pieces, by the way.

***drool***

That first OEC is gorgeous. Seriously gorgeous. And I love the idea of making the cluster ring a pendant :sun:

:lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

Beautiful stones all, Pancake. All these beautiful OEC's are getting to me too! I would love to own a few myself. You have a
lovely collection!

OMG! Don't break the second one pleeeeaaaaaase! It's a tresure of beauty! OMG! I want it... I want it! So gorgeous!

The other pieces are adorable too but this one made me drool over my keyboard! :love: :love: :love:

Those are gorgeous!!! I love OEC's. Your .70 IS perfect! Thanks for sharing! :appl:

oh WOW I absolutely LOVE your OECs!!! I'm always so impressed by gorgeous finds like that. Please more pretty pictures, and the end result of your cluster ring. I kinda like the cluster as is, it looks like a fun RH-bling :)

Wow gals, thanks for the positive feedback!

Re the 0.7ct OEC - I KNOW, it is so gorgeous, I can sit there gazing at it indefinitely... it sparkles like nobody's business, almost obscenely bright. I am really looking forward to getting onto this 3 stone ring project - the proportions with 5mm sidestones are exactly what I like in a RH 3-stone ring. At the moment still tossing up between Sally of HeartsOfWater and DanielM to make the ring, and still deciding between unplated palladium WG, rhodium-plated WG, and platinum. Will see what metal prices and the Australian dollar do in the next couple of months.

As for the cluster ring... I don't know. It just ISN'T "me" at all. I know it's a shame, because it is in amazing condition and needs no restoration whatsoever, but my style is pretty pared back and that ring, well, it isn't! I think the centre stone would look very nice in a kite-set square bezel pendant (I saw one of these recently on eBay and just fell in love with it) and the other stones could be used in all manner of ways. But as it is at the moment, it will never get worn and even if I converted the whole head into a pendant, it's still not my style.

Oh, Pancake, how beautiful! I've fallen in love with OEC's too, recently. That .7 is so amazing! And your eternity! Just the perfect width, and so pretty!

My, oh my.... :lickout:
It's just gorgeous..... All of them!! :appl: :appl:

Holy god, the cut on that 70pt OEC is *killer*. Wow! You have been a busy girl. (I need to get my butt over to TC more often for sure.)

I wonder if that cluster ring is a reset? There's something about it that makes me wonder if the setting is '40s/'50s, rather than Victorian. I mean it *could* be Victorian, they definitely liked their cluster rings. But it just feels more modern to me for some reason, maybe the small split shank is part of it. Wish I could see it in person, I could get a better sense of it's age for sure. Anyway, if it is already a marriage, no worries about resetting it!

The two-stone is gorgeous too. That one I hope you leave alone, it's lovely as is! :bigsmile:

Beautiful collection!!

I love that oec, I can't wait to see how your 3 stone project turns out.

Well you certainly have had some fun shopping lately! :appl: Those are great finds!!! I'd love to find a wider second hand eternity ring like that to wear as an alternative to my wedding set. And of course, I adore OEC's!

Fantastic pieces!!! Love them all!!! :love:

Enjoy each and every one of those beauties!

Cachette :))

Wow! What great finds! Please post more pics when you have the 3 stone made!

LGK - I think you might be right with the reset idea. I don't know what options I would have withthe smaller stones beyond using them in an eternity (?what type) or as a halo - I'm not really a halo girl though. Any ideas for who to recur the centre? I see that Gypsy had BGD do hers, and I know others have used Single Stone. It is hard as I am in Australia and I don't know of any cutters locally. It would probably make the most sense to send it to whomever I choose to reset the stones - and they can scrap the gold from the old setting for me also.

Diamondseeker2006 - having an alternative to my wedding set was definitely the goal with the wider eternity! It also looks nice with my LM bands flanking it but the look is a bit too blingy for daytime (for me, anyway). It is the perfect width to wear alone!

Does anyone else have any suggestions of vendors who might be good for making the three-stone?

I LOVE the cluster ring, I would wear that just as it is, on my middle finger. But I think it would make a lovely pendant too. The idea of breaking up such a beautiful setting is a little sad.

I can't wait to see the bezeled 3 stone.

Where are you finding these lovely pieces? I'm in Melbourne.

Oh my goodness that OEC solitaire is beautiful! I would love more pictures if you have any!

I love every single one of your pieces, beautiful stones!! :love: :appl:

This is beautiful! I have been looking all over for something like this! Is that what it is called, a twin ring? That makes sense! I've been looking for something to celebrate the birth of my twins and this is just perfect!

GORGEOUS COLLECTION!!!! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results