shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Restringing

ajoh3142

Rough_Rock
Greetings - Where would be the best place to send a very nice Akoya pearl double strand necklace for restringing. I've heard horror stories about small jewelry stores that do this, and it ends up a mess. This is a good double strand, and I want to make sure it is in the right hands. Many thanks in advance.

Greetings - Where would be the best place to send a very nice Akoya pearl double strand necklace for restringing. I've heard horror stories about small jewelry stores that do this, and it ends up a mess. This is a good double strand, and I want to make sure it is in the right hands. Many thanks in advance.

i am one who had a bad experience through our main street family jeweller
but they did put it right

i would try word of mouth, people in your town will do it

i litterly had a lady come into work and i complimented her on her necklace, turned out she was the sister of a diffeent jeweller in town and she did it as a hobby in the back of his studio

at least i dont have to worry about shipping and insurence
i live in a smallish provincal city in NZ -litterly the boon docks, but i work in an old money part of town where our customers do wear nice jewellery including lots of pearls, even the high school girls in my town wear pearls

i must add i tried her out first with a cheaper strand to make sure i was happy with her work

To be honest, I prefer to restring my own pearls. I find the process very peaceful, you can get it exactly how you like it, and oftentimes I get to know the piece I’m working with far better than I originally did. Also very good for stretching the hands.

It’s a dying art, pearl knotting.

To be honest, I prefer to restring my own pearls. I find the process very peaceful, you can get it exactly how you like it, and oftentimes I get to know the piece I’m working with far better than I originally did. Also very good for stretching the hands.

It’s a dying art, pearl knotting.

i wish i could do it but i have hand issues that make it too painful
it would save me a fortune

I'd recommend going with a reputable jeweler that specializes in pearls, not just any jewelry store. If you want peace of mind, check out Mikimoto or similar high-end brands they’re known for their pearl expertise and often offer restringing services. Better safe than sorry!

you know you could do it yourself
its coming up to winter for you guys
a good winter project

buy some cheap Wen ones to practice on,
plenty of the ladies in this forum do it them selves
you cant damage them by repeatably restringing
how cool would it be to make that necklace all your self

if you need inspiration @MakingTheGrade is one of many who does her own -go look at some of her posts

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP