shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a Round Lab between 2-3 carats?

dbubs

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm new here and new to lab diamonds. Was looking to upgrade my ring for our 20th anniversary. Would like something between 2-3 carats. I've looked at some on Ritani but the pricing is all over the place! I'm confused. Parameters would be: Ideal Cut, Color E/D, Clarity VVS2 or better and under or around $2K

Thanks so much!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've found a gorgeous stone for you. Let me know when you're online and ready to put on hold or purchase, as I don't want a lurker to buy it out from under you.

dbubs

Rough_Rock
Hi Kim! I'm online now and for another hour. Thank you so much for your help!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kim! I'm online now and for another hour. Thank you so much for your help!

Here you go!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was able to snatch it up :) Thanks so much Kim!

You're very welcome! Please come back and let us know how it turns out.

dbubs

Rough_Rock
Hi @Kim N!

I received my ring! Not sure how to take better pics of the diamond to post it, but will try to figure it out soon! It’s gorgeous Thanks so much!

Based on this link

Are you able to catch any blue nuance? I keep reading about this but don’t know what to look for as I see blues in practically all the videos I’ve come across

I’m asking because sometimes my diamond looks grey indoors/outdoors…blue outside (maybe reflecting the sky?) …but then it looks kinda blue in my kitchen (no windows). Sometimes white like in my bedroom away from the windows. So if it had blue nuance wouldn’t it always look sort of blue whether indoors or out?

Maybe I’m not used to seeing so many changes in color because it’s a big upgrade from my 1/2 carat

Thank you again for your help!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Kim N!

I received my ring! Not sure how to take better pics of the diamond to post it, but will try to figure it out soon! It’s gorgeous Thanks so much!

Based on this link

Are you able to catch any blue nuance? I keep reading about this but don’t know what to look for as I see blues in practically all the videos I’ve come across

I’m asking because sometimes my diamond looks grey indoors/outdoors…blue outside (maybe reflecting the sky?) …but then it looks kinda blue in my kitchen (no windows). Sometimes white like in my bedroom away from the windows. So if it had blue nuance wouldn’t it always look sort of blue whether indoors or out?

Maybe I’m not used to seeing so many changes in color because it’s a big upgrade from my 1/2 carat

Thank you again for your help!

Based on that magnified video, I see no blue nuance. Diamonds reflect their surroundings, so it's very likely it's reflecting the sky or the walls/cabinets in your home. I would keep looking at it in all environments, and if it's still bothering you, maybe a warmer diamond would suit more.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I agree no blue nuance!

At that size, no matter the color of the stone, it will reflect the environment. It's beautifully cut, too, and that will enhance its ability to reflect light back to your eye.

dbubs

Rough_Rock
Based on that magnified video, I see no blue nuance. Diamonds reflect their surroundings, so it's very likely it's reflecting the sky or the walls/cabinets in your home. I would keep looking at it in all environments, and if it's still bothering you, maybe a warmer diamond would suit more.

Oh no it doesn’t bother me at all! :kiss2:

I’m actually intrigued to see the color changing in different settings. =)2I had a bunch of hearts and emojis typed using my phone but didn’t realize the forum doesn’t accept them? :confused: So I guess reading my post again it seems like it was a concern for me. It’s not!

I just wanted to learn more about why it looks so different in different settings. I know reflecting the environment makes sense but blue in my kitchen that has no blue intrigued me hence the blue nuance question. I just googled diamond looking blue and came upon blue nuance so was wondering. I know nothing about diamonds beyond the 4C's. Last time looking was almost 20 years ago with the 4C's in mind. Who knew there was so much more than that to look for! :shock:

Again, still having troubles capturing it's beauty on my phone. I think I need a newer phone with a better camera =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results