shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me set some mismatched monster studs! 16.5-7mm Tahitian and WSS

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all, please can I ask how you’d set this pair of mismatched monster studs?

Inspired by various mismatched pairs I’ve seen, I went shopping for separate single black and white pearls that could form a pair. I wanted 15mm+ and got 16.5mm :evil2:

The details are:
  • Pearls: peacock-ish Tahitian and WSS
  • Size: 16.5-16.7mm
  • Shape: the Tahitian is circle, the WSS is button but with a tail that needs to be ground down
  • The Tahitian is pretty lustrous for its size, the WSS not so much but I was happy to compromise on lustre for a similar size and shape to the Tahitian (which I bought first). Both have some blemishes, with the T being more blemished than the WSS
  • Weight: ~6g each

I’d like to have them set as studs and have these questions if anyone has any experience/suggestions please!
  • How to make them as comfortable as possible?
  • Do I need / should I have a large cup made to cover the “stub” of the Tahitian, especially as there’s a big blemish there? But would that mean the WSS needs a similar cup made so that they both have a large cup from a side profile perspective?
  • Is it advisable to have the earring post slightly higher up rather than dead-centre?
IMG_2070.jpeg IMG_2077.jpeg IMG_2053.jpeg IMG_1992.jpeg IMG_1991.jpeg IMG_1805.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results