shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help pick one of these two

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have had diamonds recommended to you in another thread. Is there a particular reason that you didn’t like them? You said you wanted a super ideal cut diamond and neither of these meet the criteria. These two diamonds are just about polar opposites but I wouldn’t recommend either. Where are you looking for these diamonds if I may ask?

kimp24

Rough_Rock
I am based in Sydney and there is no where here that sells ideal cut. I dont wanna buy online and like to buy from a local jeweller. Australian diamond brokers is what they are called and this is what they recommended for my requirements and budget.

Would you say diamond 1 is better than diamond 2 out of these 2? I know they are not ideal cut. Ideal cut is not available here in Sydney unfortunately. How behind are we in Australia compared to the US market

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am based in Sydney and there is no where here that sells ideal cut. I dont wanna buy online and like to buy from a local jeweller. Australian diamond brokers is what they are called and this is what they recommended for my requirements and budget.

Would you say diamond 1 is better than diamond 2 out of these 2? I know they are not ideal cut. Ideal cut is not available here in Sydney unfortunately. How behind are we in Australia compared to the US market

Well, unfortunately you are going to sell yourself short if you don't buy online. You are trying to pick the best of poorly cut diamonds. Number 2 is a 60/60 style diamond that tends to favor brightness over fire. Of the two, I would prefer number 1 but in all honesty, I would keep looking. Don't settle for something you don't love.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

Why don't you want to buy online from the US? If you can get a better diamond for a better price etc why not? A lot of us Aussies buy from the US all the time. Even with the exchange rate and customs it still works out better.

If you truly want super ideals then this the way to go. But if you're happy to settle with this jeweller and if the 60/60 diamonds don't bother you then go with them.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also curious if you chose DE colors for personal reasons or if the vendor is guiding you that way?

kimp24

Rough_Rock
Yes I like white colourless diamond so I think DE colour is safe to go with?

kimp24

Rough_Rock
Is it safe to buy online from white flash? Should I buy just the diamond and get the ring made locally or should I buy it set in the ring? How long will it take to get to Sydney?

kimp24

Rough_Rock
How do I know I will get the same diamond that I ve seen online? Sorry very amateur here

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it safe to buy online from white flash? Should I buy just the diamond and get the ring made locally or should I buy it set in the ring? How long will it take to get to Sydney?

It is very safe to buy from Whiteflash. Many of us have bought from them - some of us multiple times. I would buy the diamond and have it set by them as well. Call Whiteflash or email them - they can tell you for sure how long shipping by to you will take. They ship overnight to US destinations - not sure about to Sydney. They are a wonderful company. Very friendly and exceptionally customer oriented! The A Cut Above diamonds are just fabulous too. I have bought and or traded in with them nine times!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

Yes it's safe to buy from reputable places in the US. Do your due diligence. Check their social media accounts, look up the company and read their reviews.

White Flash delivers to Australia via FedEx which takes around 3 business days.

https://www.whiteflash.com/reviews/diamond-engagement-rings-australia/

If you want a simple setting then it's best to get it from the vendor that you're getting your diamond from. Check out the prices of their settings vs the ones that your jeweller can make. Most times it's more cost effective to get it from the US.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
So I looked at roughly your budget of 6k AUD, this might be a fraction more with taxes.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...olor-vs2-clarity-round-ideal-cut-sku-a4531968

I'm not sure what the policy is right now but White Flash has an upgrade policy which might be useful to consider in case you plan on upgrading your ring.

A recent PS'er @sugarcloud just upgraded her ACA which looks amazing!

Reporting for duty! :bigsmile:

@kimp24 I live in Sydney, and have recently received my second ACA (upgraded my old one) from whiteflash. I do really love it but I will be 100% honest with everyone, I recently found some little defects on my setting and I am currently waiting for WF to tell me my options regarding how to move forwad. I was torn about whether or not to post about it on the boards because I have a tendency to overthinnk things and panic so was waiting to see how things progress first. But as the topic has come up I am happy to give my honest feedback about my experience with whitflash as a customer in Australia.

So far my general thoughts are gorgeous diamonds but the craftsmanship is not what I had hoped. My ring was aprroved 3 times before being sent to me, with the first 2 times me needing to point out that the prongs were crooked and the diamond was titled.

Now in the last week and a half I have realised that there a several little bumps and dents on my setting which WF have confirmed should not have been overlooked on their end and I am waiting to see what I am going to do. They said that this occured when they tried to fix the prongs multiple times. I can't lie, this has really put a damper on the whole experience and I don't think I would 100% recommend whiteflash for someone who is not local. With the hurricane they have been closed so I have not heard back from them in the last week, but hopefully will hear back soon.

I will try to make a post about this when I get a chace, like I said I was relectant, because I have been a big WF fan for a very long time but I also don't want to stay quiet if I feel it might be able to help someone else.

Happy to answer any questions!

Last edited:

kimp24

Rough_Rock
So I looked at roughly your budget of 6k AUD, this might be a fraction more with taxes.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...olor-vs2-clarity-round-ideal-cut-sku-a4531968

I'm not sure what the policy is right now but White Flash has an upgrade policy which might be useful to consider in case you plan on upgrading your ring.

A recent PS'er @sugarcloud just upgraded her ACA which looks amazing!

This diamond has a sarin report but no GIA or AGS certificate? I think I will get a nice ACA diamond and simple setting so if the craftsmanship is not great on the ring setting I can replace it locally in Sydney. The diamond is more important I think. Wonder how much taxes to get it to Sydney. I contacted WF but no one has emailed or called back as advised. Just waiting for more info from WF.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond has a sarin report but no GIA or AGS certificate? I think I will get a nice ACA diamond and simple setting so if the craftsmanship is not great on the ring setting I can replace it locally in Sydney. The diamond is more important I think. Wonder how much taxes to get it to Sydney. I contacted WF but no one has emailed or called back as advised. Just waiting for more info from WF.

Many here - including myself - have had diamonds set by Whiteflash with no issues. They are very customer oriented and will work to make sure you are satisfied. They have been hit by terrible storms in their area and were (may still be) without power. I am sure they will reach out to you as soon as they are able to do so.

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
Many here - including myself - have had diamonds set by Whiteflash with no issues. They are very customer oriented and will work to make sure you are satisfied. They have been hit by terrible storms in their area and were (may still be) without power. I am sure they will reach out to you as soon as they are able to do so.

Yes, there are many, many areas near Houston (WhiteFlash is near Houston) that are still without electricity; some will not get power back until the end of this week or even early next week. There were over 2 MILLION that lost power here (Houston area) from the storm (I am not one of them as I am 50 miles West) and our town never lost power (we were on the very edge of the storm ) Houston was hit hard.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock

It's probably a newly listed diamond so just ask them about the certificates as they maybe just havent added them yet.

You can definitiely buy one of the cheapers settings (I did) but they will still cost a little over $700 AUD. I've heard good things about Jenny Bay Jewellery here who are located in Sydney but don't have any personal experience with them.

Whiteflash will provide you with a AUSFTA document which will make you exempt form paying duties when the ring comes in BUT both times I was still charged duties by Fedex. The first time I panicked and just paid it, and it took ages to get it refunded afterwards from fedex. The second time I contacted them as soon as the ring was at customs and sent them a copy of the document. The next day they sent me an updated payment request without a duties charge. There is still a small duties handling fee which I questioned but they told me that this is not exempt which was fine.

Make sure you email them and not just talk to them over the phone (as in Fedex) because as soon as you talk to a couple of different people it can become a nightmare trying to explain things. Not sure if we are allowed to post email addresses here but if you end up needing it I can provide the email to deal with the Sydney Fedex clearance department directly via email.

My upgrade cost about $5.5K AUD and I paid around $650 in GST and a Fedex fee. Shipping was very fast considering its coming all the way form the US.

kimp24

Rough_Rock
My partner is really concerned about transferring a lot of money to buy a diamond online in the US. I do too but I want to give it a go coz I m so obsessed with this ideal cut at this stage. Considering there has been a lot of online scams and trouble later to return/exchange, they are overseas I mean it makes sense because he is paying for it

How do I convince him? Do they do this ideal cut at Jenny Bay? Is it worth the risk/hazard to pursue this ACA

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My partner is really concerned about transferring a lot of money to buy a diamond online in the US. I do too but I want to give it a go coz I m so obsessed with this ideal cut at this stage. Considering there has been a lot of online scams and trouble later to return/exchange, they are overseas I mean it makes sense because he is paying for it

How do I convince him? Do they do this ideal cut at Jenny Bay? Is it worth the risk/hazard to pursue this ACA

There really is no risk/hazard to pursue an ACA diamond from Whiteflash. Many, many people here on PS - stateside and overseas - have purchased from them. They are a very reputable company and there is no scam involved. I have bought and upgraded nine diamonds from them in total over a several years span. I always wire the money for the discount and they are in touch with me throughout the process. @sugarcloud just posted about her experience and subsequent upgrade from overseas. There is truth in numbers - if you were buying from an unknown source I too would be leary for you. Not so with Whiteflash!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

Jenny Bay is a local jeweller in Sydney. You would have to get the ACA from White Flash. Whether you choose to get it set by them or get the diamond loose and have Jenny Bay set it for you.

You're not buying from an individual but from a business that has been used by many people in this forum who can vouch for them. If it's what you really want then I would convince your partner to get on the same page. My husband has funded two big diamonds from the US and from Instagram sellers! So that was even more risky but they had really good reviews on Pricescope which made me confident in buying from them.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock

No sorry I should have clarified, Jenny Bay is someone that I would consider if you decide to have your ACA set in Sydney, I really dont know what quality of diamonds they sell, but as far as I know only Holloway diamonds sells true super ideal cuts in Australia. I also considered them when I was first looking for my diamond but it worked out to be more affordable to go with Whiteflash. As far as the money transfer I was nervous too but whitelfash is a real store with many customers so I felt comfortable with that side of things. We just did an international transfer through our banks app and the money went through right away.

For me personally, the bigger risk is if you find yourself in a situation like mine where you are not 100% happy with the setting and now I need to go through the headache of possibly having ot send it back. I am a bit biased right now because I am really disappointed with how that side of things turned out because I was very carful about asking for a LOT of confirmation that there were no issues, but turns out there still are.

If I could do things again, I'm not yet sure what I would do to be honest. Like I said diamond us great so maybe I would opt for a loose stone, but that brings its own set of issues having to look for someone who will set it the way you want.

I will update once I know what is happening with my ring!

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
"but as far as I know only Holloway diamonds sells true super ideal cuts in Australia." Garry Holloway is a trusted vendor; he posts here (as a trade member). He is in Australia. If your partner just won't trust Whiteflash, contact Holloway.
Garry Holloway BSc FGAA DipDT
Sparkliologist, Jeweller, HCA and Ideal-Scope Inventor
HollowayDiamonds.com.au Ideal-Scope.com HollowayCutAdviser.com

Last edited:

freddyboston

Shiny_Rock
Maybe he can use a credt card for your order... You lose the wire discount $ but WF site says "Within certain limits we are able to accept credit cards issued in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore"

1720712411731.png

kimp24

Rough_Rock
Yass my partner is on board. We are ordering that ACA diamond. I can’t wait to see it ☺️ thank you all for your help. I appreciate it

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Can't wait to see it!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yass my partner is on board. We are ordering that ACA diamond. I can’t wait to see it ☺️ thank you all for your help. I appreciate it

I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results