shape
carat
color
clarity

please help with setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovinggold

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I am hoping you can offer some advice ! I am having this ring made and have the choice of two diamonds...

1st is a .60 E VS1
2nd is .67 F VS2

FYI the pink diamonds are .10kt each of which there are four.

I cant decide between the above diamonds as the smaller one actually had more ''appeal'' to me but the colour is better on the second as is the size and its only $400 more..........

Im also having trouble chosing a gold to set it in, I cant wear white gold as it doesnt suit and sometimes yellow gold I find ''too'' yellow..... was thinking rose gold??

Can anyone assist?

EDit - cant seem to attach a pic of the ring but its called precious... you can find it here
http://www.makersmark.com.au/products.php?category=1&type=1

Many Thanks,

Edit - cant seem to copy and past ring.....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I''d really like more information on the cut of both of them. But lacking that if it''s one of the two, I would choose whichever one looked better to your eyes regardless of color and clarity. Color and clarity do not a good diamond make necessarily.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t tell much from the #s given. Are you looking at round stones?

lovinggold

Rough_Rock
sorry - very new at this ! its a princess cut stone and it has an ADGL certificate but other than that I dont know much more. We met with a jeweller and these were the details he gave us. He said the cut is most important to him and he chose the best he could but didnt say what they were...

im trying to attach a file but its not working???

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Attaching file problem, probably there already is a file under the same name. Try renaming the file to some random names and numbers.

Princess cut, maybe you should request the vendor for an picture of the ASET and post it here? We cannot tell if a fancy cut is good from numbers alone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2008 2:14:17 AM
Author: lovinggold
sorry - very new at this ! its a princess cut stone and it has an ADGL certificate but other than that I dont know much more. We met with a jeweller and these were the details he gave us. He said the cut is most important to him and he chose the best he could but didnt say what they were...

im trying to attach a file but its not working???
make sure you choose an unusual filename and don''t use any unusual characters, then it should post.

As to the diamond, we really need ASET images and detailed photographs to be able to advise, so if you can get them for that diamond then we can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results