shape
carat
color
clarity

Please look at this 1.3ct diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

losttiff

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, please help again. I have been trying to find a 1.3ct with 3EX cut in my city but it''s been more than a month and I haven''t had any luck. My jeweller found this stone for me which is the closest to my specs. my question is if there is a big difference between excellent and very good polish? Is it worth $11500? HCA score is a bit high but this is the best i can find so far.
39.gif
i am seriously considering this stone as I need to buy one within 3 weeks time. Please let me know your thoughts. Many thanks in advance.

1.3ct, E, VS2
Symm Ex, Cut Ex, Polish Vg
Measurements 7.01 x 7.05
Table :56%
Depth: 61.7%
Crown: 35%
pavilion: 41%
girdle: medium faceted
Culet: none
Fluoresence: none
HCA: 2.2

Do you have images for it? That''s the only way I would consider it. Any reason you have to buy it locally? I''m all for buying locally if they can provide you what you want, but if they can''t...

Date: 11/26/2008 10:07:51 PM
Author: neatfreak
Do you have images for it? That''s the only way I would consider it. Any reason you have to buy it locally? I''m all for buying locally if they can provide you what you want, but if they can''t...
Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I don''t have any images. I have to buy locally because i am not in America.tax is really high if i buy online. I am in the biggest city of my country so there is no point going to other cities.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

My jeweller said the stone is with his broker in America. he will only bring it in if I want it. they faxed the certificate but the quality is too bad to read. It''s really difficult to find a stone within my parameters. This is the best came cross so far and i have very limited time so I have no choie.
39.gif

I guess you wouldn''t pay that much for this stone? I wish i am in America.

Date: 11/26/2008 10:32:16 PM
Author: losttiff
Date: 11/26/2008 10:24:12 PM

Author: Mrs W

If you are not opposed to buying an SI1, you can get everything you want in this stone here:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4966/

Thanks for finding the link for me but i am not in America. tax would cost a fortune.
39.gif

What country are you in? Most people find that American vendors are often their best bet even with taxes...

Date: 11/26/2008 10:40:53 PM

If you are not opposed to buying an SI1, you can get everything you want in this stone here:

Thanks for finding the link for me but i am not in America. tax would cost a fortune.
39.gif

What country are you in? Most people find that American vendors are often their best bet even with taxes...
i am from New Zealand. I remember tax for diamonds is 25%!

is there a big difference between excellent and very good polish?

Date: 11/26/2008 10:59:13 PM
Date: 11/26/2008 10:40:53 PM

39.gif

i am from New Zealand. I remember tax for diamonds is 25%!

is there a big difference between excellent and very good polish?

Why is it 25%? I thought GST was only 12.5%? Are there other import taxes for diamonds specifically?

And polish at that level usually isn''t a big deal.

Oops, this is my bf''s account. using his computer now.

Date: 11/27/2008 12:26:00 AM
Author: BSM88
Date: 11/26/2008 11:06:56 PM

I found this which says 18% for jewelry but no specific rate for diamonds...

http://www.customs.govt.nz/importers/Private+Importers/Customs+Charges.htm

I haven''t searched diamond tax myself. my bf told me it''s 25%. i will double check. Thanks for the information!

Hmm...I am certainly no expert but I googled a bit and found nothing that said 25%. What it appears is that everything is 12.5% unless it''s noted otherwise...so jewelry is 18% but a diamond I would think would also be 12.5% if bought separately...

I would be willing to bet you could call customs and ask.

Date: 11/27/2008 9:16:06 AM

Date: 11/27/2008 12:26:00 AM
Author: BSM88

Date: 11/26/2008 11:06:56 PM

I found this which says 18% for jewelry but no specific rate for diamonds...

http://www.customs.govt.nz/importers/Private+Importers/Customs+Charges.htm

I haven''t searched diamond tax myself. my bf told me it''s 25%. i will double check. Thanks for the information!

Hmm...I am certainly no expert but I googled a bit and found nothing that said 25%. What it appears is that everything is 12.5% unless it''s noted otherwise...so jewelry is 18% but a diamond I would think would also be 12.5% if bought separately...

I would be willing to bet you could call customs and ask.
Yeah, that''s a good idea. 12.5% tax is not too bad. I will call up.

good luck losttiff! I hope it is good news regarding the tax being lower than you thought!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP