shape
carat
color
clarity

Pomelo’s pearls

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie asked to see my collection, so here it is!

I bought my first strand at the beginning of April this year. It’s now late June and I cannot believe the speed at which my collection is expanding!

For me, I like things to be perfectly imperfect, so I am drawn to baroques and keshi more than perfectly round pearls. Lustre matters, but I won’t be upset if it’s not super lustrous.

I’ve focussed on necklaces and earrings for now, as I don’t trust myself not to batter bracelets and rings, and I think the physical size/volume of pearls makes wearing a bracelet/ring a bit harder.

Necklaces:
1. 9-11mm peacock circle drop Tahitians. This was my first necklace and probably still my favourite! The lustre on these is beautiful and I like the colour against my skin & with black clothing
2. 9-11mm multicolour baroque SSPs. I like the collation of various shapes and colours (the champagne and light gold, the pink, the silvery blue!), it’s a great twist on a classic white strand and very wearable for summer
3. 9-12mm silver/blue “boulder”-shape baroque Tahitians. This strand took me many many tries to find. I knew I wanted some silver-blue Tahitians with good lustre, but I wanted them in a slightly different shape to the peacock Tahitian drops. At first, I actually thought the seller might’ve gotten mixed up as you tend to see SSPs with this kind of boulder-shape! I am also contemplating getting rid of the centre white pearl (am still wondering if that’s actually a Tahitian or an SSP) as well as a couple of other pearls with fish bites and low lustre
4. 7-7.8mm tiny peacock drop Tahitians, from @Pearlescence . I loved the idea of tiny Tahitians and couldn’t believe that pearlescence had a strand that matches my peacock drop Ts so well! This strand is beautiful on its own but really packs a punch when twisted with the larger strand

Earrings:
1. 10.5-12mm Tahitian keshis. The colour is a silvery-green and the flat shape makes it very comfortable to wear!
2. 16.6-16.7mm mismatched green circle Tahitian / button WSSP. These pearls are unset (I bought them at a HK trade show two days ago) and I’ll be looking for setting advice as they’re huge and 6g each! The Tahitian is actually pretty lustrous for such a large pearl; the WSSP sadly is the least lustrous pearl I own but it’s a trade off I was willing to make for the size and price
3. 7.2mm round akoya - these pinked akoya have great lustre, but to be honest I only bought them for “lustre calibration” purposes and rarely wear them
4. 11.2mm round freshwater - I thought I liked larger pearl studs and 11.2mm was “large” before PSS set in. These are a funky colour - slightly silver-lavender and one pearl is more lustrous than the other. I’m okay with it, given the price I paid.

Bracelet:
1. I couldn’t pass up on this rabbit-shaped WSS! Our baby boy was born in the year of the rabbit (last year) and I had to get this pearl set in a way that I can see it. Sorry I forgot to include it in the family pic

IMG_2004.jpeg IMG_2005.jpeg IMG_2007.jpeg IMG_2010.jpeg IMG_2018.jpeg IMG_2021.jpeg IMG_2027.jpeg IMG_2030.jpeg IMG_2028.jpeg IMG_2029.jpeg IMG_2031.jpeg IMG_2034.jpeg IMG_2044.jpeg IMG_1769.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results