shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Diamond Stud Earrings. Need Help Deciding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rustyroller

Rough_Rock
Greetings Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I''m a relatively clueless jewelry guy shopping for princess cut diamond stud earrings for my girlfriend''s upcoming 30th birthday. Around 0.5 carats per stone in a platinum setting. I want to get the highest quality cut possible.

I found this pair of stones on Whiteflash and think they look just perfect:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=160447,160448

Meanwhile, a friend of mine referred me to a very reputable local diamond broker. I spoke with a rep over the phone and she told me they they can match whiteflash''s price with stones of the same grade or better. AGS-000, VS1 with similar table, depth, and better colour: D or E instead of Whiteflash''s F. It will end up being a slightly better deal because I won''t have to pay customs and taxes to ship the diamonds up to Canada.

I''m not sure what to do. Eveyone on this website raves about Whiteflash ACA diamonds. If I buy something with the equivalent AGS grading specs, can I be confident that I''ll get diamonds as nice as the ones I see on Whiteflash?

Thanks for reading!

Those are WONDERFUL stones. I'd make the local vendor put their money where their mouth is...let them bring in the stones. If they can really do better on price and everything else is the same, let them. But my guess is that it'll turn into "well, these are just as good as AGS 0 stones..." An AGS0 princess is likely to be a winner, but it's not as certain as the whiteflash ACA's because those are cut to such tight standards.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP