shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA: Good news, BCT is replacing BMI

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's obvious why BMI (weight divided by height) became so ubiquitous.
Measuring BMI is fast, easy, and virtually free.
But BMI has serious flaws, including ignoring what percentage of one's weight is from fat vs. other stuff that's healthy.
Also, BMI doesn't factor in age, gender, et al.

The BCT, Body Composition Test, is more accurate, for everyone.
But the most accurate way to measure BCT very expensive medical procedures, including MRI.
Fortunately less expensive tools (though not as accurate) are catching on, hopefully leaving BMI in the past, in the dust.

More info:

Last edited:
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing Kenny. This is timely as I just saw my gastroenterologist last week who said my BMI is too low and honestly I was annoyed. I eat healthfully and I lift weights and I have been like this my entire life. I am lean and I have muscle and BMI IMO is not an accurate measure of healthy weight. We are all different and what is best for one is not best for another. I am tired of drs commenting on my (low) BMI. I remember chatting here with some members who were also made to feel less than because of their BMI. Bye bye BMI. Won't miss ya

Glad it helps, @missy .

When your, so-called doctors, wag their BMI-fingers at you fight back! :angryfire:
Send them this link ......... and a bill. :bigsmile:
They're paid too much to be this lazy, and ignorant! :nono:

ETA, people are already body-shamed enough without more from their doctors, especially when they're using an outdated and defective tool. :wall:

Last edited:
Glad it helps, @missy .

When your, so-called doctors, wag their BIM-fingers at you fight back! :angryfire:
Send them this link ......... and a bill. :bigsmile:
They're paid too much to be this lazy, and ignorant! :nono:

Thank you Kenny and that is true!
I just ignore them now because they are clueless and ignorant and I know they mean well.
But you know what "they" say about the road to hell....

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP