shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question on Whiteflash w-ring setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

astraea

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I've been looking at wedding bands and decided to go with this one so long as it is not 'curved' or 'dipped' up top, where it would sit next to the center stone in the matching e-ring. I'd like the setting to be the same level all the way around. Is it truly curved or is what I'm seeing a trick of the eye from the reflection of the other ring in the image?

This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/14-Stone-Bead-Set-Diamond-Band_974.htm

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure it''s not...but worth a call to ask before you order.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
That is just a reflection; the band is straight.
1.gif

astraea

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU!! Sounds like a winner!

Also..I should probably be e-mailing or calling about this, but I was curious if Whiteflash would fix the setting of my e-ring. (In all reality I was planning on buying a new e-ring... but the fiancee ain't happy with that so I'm gonna try to live with it as much as I can. It's not bad, though I certainly wish I knew about Pricescope before we bought it. I'm very attracted to a round ACA! Ah well, maybe for an upcoming anniversary!
31.gif
) I have all its papers. It's a heart-shaped diamond set in a custom bezel and the bezel is not symmetrical, making the heart's lobes look off. Since I'm getting my wedding band through Whiteflash I was wondering if a fix would be possible or if it would be better to take it back to the B&M that created it in the first place...
33.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
It depends, if it''s relatively new, I would take it back to the jewellers you had it made. If not, I would ask if WF could fix it, but they may only make a new setting for it? Not sure?

Are you sure it''s not the cut of the actual stone throwing off the symmetry? If the stone isn''t well cut, then the bezel will look wierd?

astraea

Rough_Rock
Yes, now I'm thinking I might just take it back to the B&M since they were the ones that designed it.. it's not very new, but it is somewhat recent, from earlier this year.

The stone does have off-symmetry (one side is bigger than the other), but the lobes were fairly round each. What's going on is, one side of the inner bezel is flattened over the lobe (almost a straight line) while the other side is perfectly curved. The whole bezel idea was originally intended to enhance the shape, but now I think it detracts from it, as the appearance looks unbalanced to me. Some people think I'm crazy (aka those that don't want me to spend more money on it), but it's noticeable to me.

ETA: I'm going to take some pictures of the flaw and make a new topic on this -- I feel like I'm hijacking my own thread here by going a bit off-topic. :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
It''s your thread sweetie, hijack away. But, you will probably get more answers if you create a new thread
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results