shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick Question Re Diamond Size

togal

Brilliant_Rock
I'm ordering diamonds to have a 5-stone ring made. Four of the diamonds range between 5.06 - 5.11 mm with tables of 56 and 57. One of the stones I wanted isn't available, so I've been given an option of another stone which has perfect proportions and is H&A and all the other good stuff, however, it's size is 5.14 - 5.16 mm with a 58 table. Wondering if this will make a notable difference when lined-up with the other diamonds, and if it will be an issue when creating the ring, as I am thinking of having U-prong setting, or a trellis. Would appreciate any input that can be offered on my question. Thanks!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
biggest diamond in the center 58t with 57t each side then 56t on ends no problem.
58 next to 56 a small minority of people might see it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - probably wouldn’t be noticeable from a glance - but maybe if you looked at it up close.

togal

Brilliant_Rock
biggest diamond in the center 58t with 57t each side then 56t on ends no problem.
58 next to 56 a small minority of people might see it.

Thanks! Yes…I phoned jeweller and that was his advice too…larger stone in the middle to mask negligible difference in size… :)

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
I made my own 5-stone out of individually-found old low-crown cut rounds, 4.3-4.6mm diameter, and they are clearly different sizes and cuts, but from a casual observation nobody would notice. Less size difference than that and I would struggle to see it (40+yo eyes ;-) ). Tables are all over the place. You can obviously see in the magnified photos in the thread, but IRL it's just "sparkly 5-stone". (Can't even casually appreciate they're OECs instead of MRBs at that size, tbh!)

So, if you are looking for "literally no discernible difference between diamonds" you may not achieve that depending on how sharp your eye is, but I bet it will be fine if you are a human with human eyes! :D Putting the largest in the center with the tables "tapering out" towards the ends is absolutely how I'd handle it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results